CPU/Mobo 3300x + MSI B450M PRO VDH MAX New Build freeze issue help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, As you must all be aware I had built a new 3300x built last month.

Config
Processor: Ryzen 3 3300x
Board: MSI B450M PRO VDH MAX
RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 3200mhz 8Gb x2
SSD: WD 240gb m.2
HDD: WD 1TB blue
Cpu Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx GTE V2 RGB
Cabinet: ANT Esports ICE-400TG with RGB controller.
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super OC

It was working fine until last night and suddenly the keyboard mouse freezes, computer keeps on performing the tasks but none of the USB devices work and suddenly computer restarts.
(This is happening from anywhere between 5mins - 2hrs of usage)
When checked the error logs found MSI Dragon Centre KeyKeeper is crashing, so uninstalled that & New Nvidia driver update installed reversed it as well but no luck.

Then I tried doing memtest, it freezed twice anywhere between 2mins-2hrs with 16gb dual channel Kingston Hyperx Predator 3200mhz.

So, then I tried removing one stick of RAM to test it and the computer is not booting with single stick in A2 slot(2nd from left) but boots fine with A2 and B2 dual channel sticks.

One single RAM stick - only the CPU led stays on for long and there is no bios.
One both RAM sticks - it boots fine with RAM, CPU, VGA and boot LEDs one by one and then starts.

I also tried downclocking RAM and CPU but still same freeze issue. I also noticed some purple lines in bios, attaching pics below

Is this a motherboard issue/CPU/VGA/RAM/PSU issue?
Post automatically merged:

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-21 at 12.43.57.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-21 at 12.43.58.jpeg

Last edited:
what PSU ?
after uninstalling those apps, did you check event viewer if any other apps are causing issue ?

check your temps for cpu / gpu

*Bios is fully updated as per the website.

*I have uninstalled MSI dragon Centre and downgraded Nvidia drivers. But still the reliability service of Win 10 showed Hardware Error caused system restart with error "LiveKernelEvent" 141 as the error log.

Now even after installing both the ram sticks BIOS is not coming and the EZ Debug light of CPU stays on for long and then nothing happens.

Called the MSI service centre Nehru Place and explained him about the same issue, he is also suggesting that it might be memory bus issue as it's not doing POST now with RAM stick in A2 or B2 so I will have to take the board to the service centre :(

what PSU ?

after uninstalling those apps, did you check event viewer if any other apps are causing issue ?

check your temps for cpu / gpu
Temps were fine in BIOS, memtest and windows when it last booted.

PSU - Corsair TX 650 V2(it's old I guess now)

I strongly feel you shouldn't had gone for this board as its a bit older board with memory issues. (found this googling)
If possible try with Corsair rams if you can source them temporarily.

Last edited:
It was running at auto voltages and I did not raise any voltages.

Now it stopped booting with both RAM sticks as well, it just pauses on the CPU led for 5-10seconds and then all the fans of the cabinet run at full speed, GPU fan spinning and nothing.

Out of curiosity I just bought a new PSU as well to rule out the case of PSU being too old but no luck :(

I guess I will have to remove the board and take it to Service Centre.

I do not have any alternative RAM sticks to test so can't know if RAM is causing any issue.

I strongly feel you should had gone for this board as its a bit older board with memory issues. (found this googling)
If possible try with Corsair rams if you can source them temporarily.
Which board do you recommend in case I get RMAed new board, I will sell it and get a heavier one?

board is good reset the bios and loosen the cooler dont make it supertight to your CPU. Once it boots run Prime 95 torture test large FFT for RAM, smallest FFT for CPU

board is good reset the bios and loosen the cooler dont make it supertight to your CPU. Once it boots run Prime 95 torture test large FFT for RAM, smallest FFT for CPU

Did the bios reset by removing battery and reinserting and loosened the CPU cooler as well, still no luck. CPU white LED comes up in EZ debug and stays there for 5seconds and goes away. All the fans, leds and GPU is powered on but no display:(

RAM issue, does this board have error code display ? or mothrboard manual have beep cords or something to troubleshoot

EZ Debug 4 Leds show lights for CPU, DRAM, VGA and Boot, so it is not going beyond CPU.
How sure are you that it is RAM issue because I tried inserting both the sticks in slot A2 only to test either of the sticks should work but no luck. How come both sticks went Kaput together?

barbecueecause your initial symptoms point to RAM and the DEBUG LED doesn't move to DRAM LED ,dont worry sleep now . re-assemble the whole PC good chance it will start ,Kingston is not a bad company and they generally honor their RMAS as well.

My story first gen Ryzen ,crosshair x470 hero wifi and Rams all from US ebay so no returns no RMA didnt boot for the first day.Searched a lot of forums got tips that need to unscrew the CPU backplate and dont super tight the cooler and many of them told to reassemble it and all came together and things are rock solid

i dont know if you are using a modular power supply or not ,if its modular make sure your EPS ATX12v cable is properly tight on both the ends as that cable is the drama queen in the whole cabling.

barbecueecause your initial symptoms point to RAM and the DEBUG LED doesn't move to DRAM LED ,dont worry sleep now . re-assemble the whole PC good chance it will start ,Kingston is not a bad company and they generally honor their RMAS as well.

My story first gen Ryzen ,crosshair x470 hero wifi and Rams all from US ebay so no returns no RMA didnt boot for the first day.Searched a lot of forums got tips that need to unscrew the CPU backplate and dont super tight the cooler and many of them told to reassemble it and all came together and things are rock solid

i dont know if you are using a modular power supply or not ,if its modular make sure your EPS ATX12v cable is properly tight on both the ends as that cable is the drama queen in the whole cabling.
Hahahhahaha thanks dear, I am browsing forums and checking Youtube only right now.
It may also be an issue with 3000 series maybe on B450?
I will disassemble and reassemble everything tomorrow.

Also, I bought a new PSU today - Gigabyte Semi modular B700H as thought it might be the issue.

One more thing - on removing both the RAM sticks with CPU installed - CPU and DRAM LED both keep on infinitely together if that gives any more hint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back