35k, parts needed !

Aman27deep

Skilled
Hello peeps, please help me out here,

Q: What is your budget?

30 + 5 k

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

| Intel C2D E7500 | GA-G31M-S2L | BenQ E2200 HD | Palit GTX 460 Sonic Platinum | Corsair 2 GB 800MHz | 160 + 500 GB | MX 518 | Corsair VX 550w | xbox 360 controller |

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Monitor - BenQ E2200HD

SMPS - Corsair VX550

GFX Card - Palit 460 GTX

Hard Disc - the 500 GB HDD from my rig

(please mention the rest in above format)

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Has to be Intel, no AMD, i5 750/760 most probably ?

CPU Cooler - Please suggest.

Motherboard - any compatible motherboard

HDD - 1 TB seagate?

RAM - Please suggest

ODD - Please Suggest

Cabinet (have 5k aside for this, so total 35k) - Got some suggestions from here (http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/which-dust-free-cabinet-to-get-172206.html), If you want to help please do so too.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

If i add something it'll just be another Hard Disc (if in the next 7 months).

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Chandni, Kolkata, Local Purchase only

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No, as probably Dad will go in for a 3 or a 6 month EMI.

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming

Browsing

HTPC

Download rig, 24x7 operation

Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Asus and Transcend products' might be good, but i dont want them under any circumstance cause of the A.S.S.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Every past, present and future game released, or to be released.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Gaming - 1980*1080

Desktop - 1980*1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Yes

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks, gonna buy this Saturday if things go right, please help ;')

WingZero said:
then get the ripjaws

cm 690 II is around 5.5k iirc
Hmm okay, then i'll get the GSkill ones, btw just out of curiosity, is there some Corsair RAM equivalent ? Also does this mobo (gigabyte p55-ud3r) have USB 3.0 ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW what about the CPU cooler?

Aman27deep said:
Hmm okay, then i'll get the GSkill ones, btw just out of curiosity, is there some Corsair RAM equivalent ? Also does this mobo (gigabyte p55-ud3r) have USB 3.0 ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW what about the CPU cooler?
How much Do u intend to oc?...you cannot fit a cooler in budget else you can buy an nzxt gamma and then get a decent cooler.

For usb3 and sata3 you can get the p55A-ud3r actually i was gonna quote same:p

Well i wasn't gonna OC like hell, but yeah 25% if i get the 750, and 20% if i get the 760 :p And yeah okay that mobo it is then, thank god it doesn't have sata 6 gb/s, its uber useless as of now...

Aman27deep said:
Well i wasn't gonna OC like hell, but yeah 25% if i get the 750, and 20% if i get the 760 :p And yeah okay that mobo it is then, thank god it doesn't have sata 6 gb/s, its uber useless as of now...

For that kinda oc i think you are good with stock cooling. Later on add a cooler if needed or restrict ur oc till then.

Back