3d Gaming/Vfx Artists Jobs in India do not pay well - How true is this?

There are no comparative jobs that will pay better in India rather than foreign counterparts except the field of politics. That's the only place where you'd make more money than any other country however not necessarily it would be white money.

Last edited:
Like you, becoming a game dev was also my dream when I was in 11th standard. But then life happened and I still ended up being a dev just not a game dev and it's the best thing that have happened to me because the pay is a lot better than being a Game dev. Also Being a Game dev looks like a lot of work to be honest. Working in an Enterprise Software project as dev is a lot better in terms of Work Life balance as most of the time you will be fixing bugs instead of actually coding new stuff. Being a dev is 90% of the time reading other people's code and I have seen a lot of freshers expecting otherwise as they want to create a Enterprise software with tens and hundreds of thousands of lines of code from scratch.
I would suggest you to pursue your passion but at the same time be aware of what pays well and what not.

Back