Styx

Skilled
Hey guys!:D

Well, i'll let the pics talk..

Photos taken with iPhone4's camera:

----
Just got this amazing phone the other day, its truly phenomenal! Everything right from the design, hardware, feel, the level of detail is startling to say the least. The Retina Display is what its touted to be, brilliant, it shows vivid colors, super crisp with rich blacks showing perfect balance of brightness and contrast.
Honestly, every time i turn this thing on i cannot stop staring at the display. The text looks super sharp and crisp even at the smallest font size. I never thought i'd read books on such a small screen but its a joy to read on this thing.

iOS 4.0 runs like a dream on the super efficient Apple designed A4 SOC. There's no discernible lag at all throughout the OS. I've tried pretty hard actually, opening several apps in succession, going back and forth through the multitasking UI but it makes no difference. The interface, transitions are really well thought out and the level of fluidity is perfect. Its so much fun to use!
The only thing that bugs me is the sub-par notification system but i'm hopeful that Apple will take its time and come up with a perfect implementation.

Battery life is great on the iPhone4. A full charge lasted me almost over 8 hrs of heavy use with around 18 hrs of standby time. Its amazing how Apple managed to cram so much into a device so thin.

The Camera shoots decent photos in natural light, though there's some visible over saturation in some cases.
The low light performance is good but i expected it to be better. I hope Apple can remedy this to some extent through future software updates. The LED flash is nice but its best not to use it at all unless you really need it.

Overall, i'm highly impressed by this device, a very satisfying purchase. Oh and did i say the display is awesome? yea, it continues to blow my mind even on the day 3 of use.

PS: For curiosity's sake i've tried holding the phone in every possible way a phone can be held and i cannot get the signal bars to drop for the life of me. Not to say, i've made over two dozen of calls since i got it and none dropped, the voice clarity remained pretty consistent throughout all the calls.

EDIT:

Got this through a friend returning from the UK. We managed to reserve it for in-store pickup right on the day pre-order started and he was lucky enough to reach the store in time and collect it before they ran out of day's stock.

The set-up was a breeze. I already had the Micro-SIM ready (used this template for cutting, super easy, took minutes).

The iTunes backup, sync is also noticeably faster, i managed to fill almost the entire 14GB within a few minutes.

The phone cost me £500 - £50 (VAT refund) which would be around 30-32k depending upon the conversion rate.

awesome man

congrats

you made me very very jealous

please send this as to me as my 18th birthday gift :p

waiting for a full review

damages ?

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWww

u hv no idea how crazy i am for this phone ..

i have a 2g

n so desire to have this ...

damages + u live in india ?? then how will u get microsim ?

Wow congrats! Btw where did you purchase this from? The UK?

The first iPhone 4 show off and that's not coming from scz nor Smith! :p

Congrats... Am drooling. :p

@deep_nx: Normal sim can be cut to fit a microsim slot without any problems.

OH damn.... I knew this would happen and someone would beat me to it... :p

But heartiest congrats on your purchase. Do share details on damages. Great showoff as well. :)

Are you getting good reception? I am not satisfied with the call quality and the internet reception.

Or is it just my t-mobile connection?

Anyway, congrats.

:wow::rockon::kewlpics::hap2::clap::cool2:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

deep_nx said:
how will u get microsim ?
Microsim is very much normal sim. U have to just carefully cut to size the normal sim;).

Back