First the player ...

91675438.jpg

20026854.jpg

Then the game ...

60198388ohlbvlmrttpmieislo.jpg

82422282.jpg

50012844.jpg

45444705.jpg

I'm really glad I didnt go the HTPC way, had though about it but let it go since I wanted something which was fast and easy to use, did a limited no of things but did them well, all this with the convenience of a remote.

So far the xtreamer has lived up to my expectation, played everything I've thrown at it, although I havn't checked out network streaming yet.

About the TV, it's really huge and both the SD and HD picture quality is awesome, the pics don't really do justice ... I looked hard but couldn't find anything better for the price the only other contender worth considering was the Sony V550 but even after spending countless hours at the showroom couldn't find any advantage for the sony ... was initially looking at the 37" but in the end I got an awesome deal on the 40" since I knew the dealer :eek:hyeah:

Sorry about the pics were taken in a hurry :p

Edit : Forgot to mention, special thanx to adder for his inputs and Zhoppy for his moral support :p

Congrats man, thats one sexy lcd, i have the 32" series 5 for almost a year now and absolutely satisfied with it, thinking if i shud upgrade to a 40" hehe, howmuch did it cost you?

Cost me 49K without the HDMI DVD player, but I dont think anyone else would be able to get a similar deal (atleast in Mumbai), even at Alfa it's around 52k without the HDMI DVD.

PS : the steak of light running across the screen in some of the pics is the flash reflecting from one of the stickers :)

Congrats due, movies are supposed to be seen in big size, that's how they are designed to entertain us but most of us adjust witha small 22" monitor.

Enjoy dude and if possible(I think u will or do u have?;)) add a good sounding speaker setup then the experience is true larger than life in your home.

MAGNeT said:
thexfactor wht the cost of xtremer and can u post pict of back panel

I got the xtreamer from the official rep/dealer here (http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/xtreamer-india-now-on-techenclave-146538.html) you could get it with the free hdmi and optical audio cable offer that he has ON right now, else you could buy from ebay using the 1000 off coupon or the diwali gift thing.

Back panel :
img1600q.jpg

vij said:
Can it play xvids with .srt subtitles?

Yep it can, you can also change the position of the subtitles on the screen.

anooj30299301 said:
Congrats due, movies are supposed to be seen in big size, that's how they are designed to entertain us but most of us adjust witha small 22" monitor.

Enjoy dude and if possible(I think u will or do u have?;)) add a good sounding speaker setup then the experience is true larger than life in your home.

Yep that's next on the list if things works out else i've got some Cambridge speakers which could be used :)

^^ What sort of connections r there?
Does it have a component out for the video & optical/coxial for the Audio other than the HDMI port?...i'm looking for those,coz i want a xtreamer but want for now to connect to my 9 years old Philips 29" SDTV which only has got component & Svideo for input..so was thinking for that..if possible,i will make the purchase this diwali only!..so plz reply asap!

Techie#1 said:
^^ What sort of connections r there?
Does it have a component out for the video & optical/coxial for the Audio other than the HDMI port?...i'm looking for those,coz i want a xtreamer but want for now to connect to my 9 years old Philips 29" SDTV which only has got component & Svideo for input..so was thinking for that..if possible,i will make the purchase this diwali only!..so plz reply asap!

It features three USB ports (two standard, 1 mini), analogue audio, composite video :(, optical audio, HDMI, 10/100 Ethernet socket and standard 12v power connector. You also get a 802.11N USB antenna that you could use to access streamed content over WiFi.

Back