42" 3D Smart LED TV for 60k (Edit: Bought LG 42LB6500)

imkaush

Adept
1. Budget.
~50k (the lower the better)

2. Viewing distance.

15 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.

Primary -
1. You-SCOD18 Set-Top Box
2. USB PD/HDD (Movies/Series)
Secondary -
1. Philips DVD Player
2. Wifi/hdd media player(if I buy a non-Smart TV)

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.

LED TV

5. Preference for brands.

Sammy, LG, Sony

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?

Yes, but would like to know if the TV I purchase will sustain a year without any service.

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.

Bright.The TV will be placed opposite to west-open window.

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

Should support maximum audio/video formats.
I am confused between non-Smart/Smart/3D/3D-Smart.... :(
Is the 3D feature worth it considering I would mostly be using 2D-3D conversion and not play 3D movies?
Similar question about the Smart-features, cause I can use my lappy/PC/buy a wifi-enabled media player for "Smart" needs....

i personally feel that SMART and 3D are overrated features. Playability wise, Samsung and LG play almost anything from USB while sony is limited. If you are willing to take a risk, 46F5000 from samsung is a pretty good buy at that price from ebay.

You can get the Panasonic 42E6 for around 5ok odd..fantastic picture quality along with quite a few smart features. Doesn't support 3D though...

i personally feel that SMART and 3D are overrated features. Playability wise, Samsung and LG play almost anything from USB while sony is limited. If you are willing to take a risk, 46F5000 from samsung is a pretty good buy at that price from ebay.
Did you mean 40F5000? Also, what's the risk you are mentioning?

You can get the Panasonic 42E6 for around 5ok odd..fantastic picture quality along with quite a few smart features. Doesn't support 3D though...
I am a bit skeptic about Panny.... hows the product quality? ASS?
Also, my living room walls are light colored.... and this one has a grey/silver bezel, will have to check out in a showroom if it will look good.....

Did you mean 40F5000? Also, what's the risk you are mentioning?
They generally come with dealer warranty which may be only software sometimes. So if you are unlucky enough to have a set fail on you, you will have to spend money to get it repaired over here

@imkaush I use a Samsung S6220 32 inch model. My primary use is a lot of downloaded content and TV watching is very less. Smart is a good to have feature - non -availability would not seriously harm viewing pleasure. 3D - well that is a different story altogether and I am personally very happy with the 3D capabilities. 3D movies (blu - ray) looks very good on the TV and mostly better than what they show in a lot of theaters which are frankly not equipped to handle 3D content.

Hi TEians,

Bumping this thread as we are now planning to have a 42" 3D Smart LED TV for the living room... budget is 50-60k with or without exchange.

Found LG 42LB6200 on FK and it fits the bill perfectly with all the required features...(plus getting 4k off for exchange of old CRT TV) :D

Can't find any reviews of it though, so hoping if anyone has any experience with this model would share it...

Also better suggestions are welcome...but need to buy it today itself (online or locally) :p

You have made the right choice by going for the 42lb6500. This model has very good colours and the best 3D quality possible today, in Full HD sets.
The 42lb6200(non smart) or the 42la6200(Smart), would have being a bad choice, as there is a ghosting problem in their 3D mode. I have checked out all of these models in detail, in various showrooms as I too plan to buy a 3D Smart Tv shortly.
Congrats on your purchase. :)

Back