Video 46/47" lcd tv

Striker10

Skilled
Hi, my dad wants to buy a 46" or 47" LCD or even if needed LED for our new apartment. The screen should not be glossy as we plan to keep it close to the windows(TV will be wallmounted). How is LG TV? They're giving free blu-ray player+ Tata Sky
47 LCD Model: LD 460 Price 80000
47 LED Model:LE 5500 Price 100000

But I'm looking for a Samsung/Sony since they're better than lg right? Recommendations please :hap2:

@raksrules, how's your Sony 46" tv mate? How much did you buy it for?

Samsung C530 and C630 or the Sony EX400 ,EX500 or even the EX700 via grey market all have a matte screen.46EX400 uses to cost around 64k in grey market a few months back.
Since you are in chennai the HQ for grey products you may get it for a cheaper price.

Adder thanks for the recommendations. Will check out those models in store when I find time... What about the latest LED TVs with local dimming such as the one found in LG LE5500?

Striker10 said:
Adder thanks for the recommendations. Will check out those models in store when I find time... What about the latest LED TVs with local dimming such as the one found in LG LE5500?
The LG doesn't have a local dimming,so its contrast remains the same as LG CCFL models.

^^ Oh ok thanks for the clarification.. Had a look at the Sony EX500/C530 but they are all MVAs right? Isn't IPS the best for colour reproduction and viewing angles? There was no colour loss/contrast degradation(from a wide viewing angle) from the new 2010 LG IPS tvs

Striker10 said:
^^ Oh ok thanks for the clarification.. Had a look at the Sony EX500/C530 but they are all MVAs right? Isn't IPS the best for colour reproduction and viewing angles? There was no colour loss/contrast degradation(from a wide viewing angle) from the new 2010 LG IPS tvs
LG 47LD50 costs 60k IPS panel. that is how much it costed a few months ago when cousin bought it.

but for you budget, Sony 46EX400 @80k maybe one of the best options.

EX500 is not officially available in india i think.

Striker10 said:
The Sony comes with SPVA panel,where as the samsung can either come in SPVA/AMVA/SMVA. Yes the IPS panels have better viewing angles,but at those angles at which they start to loose contrast,you have to be one of those unfortunate guests or friends who have to sit at extremely off axis.As far as color reproduction goes while in theory the IPS are good it doesn't always mean the same in Tv,since the image processing the color filter used plays a role.

adder said:
Samsung C530 and C630 or the Sony EX400 ,EX500 or even the EX700 via grey market all have a matte screen.46EX400 uses to cost around 64k in grey market a few months back.
Since you are in chennai the HQ for grey products you may get it for a cheaper price.
Whats the problem with the glossy screen? I have 40C650 which has glossy screen but it very good even with well lit room. I have a small cfl bulb at 2oclock very near the screen but even with the light on, the screen is very good. i havnt seen c630 so cant say if its better than the glossy screen.

booo said:
Whats the problem with the glossy screen? I have 40C650 which has glossy screen but it very good even with well lit room. I have a small cfl bulb at 2oclock very near the screen but even with the light on, the screen is very good. i havnt seen c630 so cant say if its better than the glossy screen.
that is because the bulb is at 2 o clock so reflection will be max irritating at 10 o clock.

be seated such that lcd is at your 12 o clock.

now set up a light source at your 6 o clock.

and now you will understand why people prefer matt over glossy.

glossy is better for me only as far as the lcd is off :p

Back