4k VFM TV. Budget 25k

mallik

Adept
Budget: ~ 25k
Requirement: 4K, 43" or more
Brand: no preference

Looking to buy a TV for viewing in the living room. Will be wall mounted and viewed from about 8-10 feet. People are suggesting to go with 4K. Not so sure about which one to go for.

I have looked at the following options:

Was considering this initially vu 43" HD: https://dl.flipkart.com/s/x2zecDNNNN

Now also this: https://dl.flipkart.com/s/xYdw6FNNNN

will get some discount with Flipkart/Amazon cards

Looking for guidance

For viewing from 8-10 ft, I would suggest you to go for 50"-55" if you budget permits. Although there's nothing wrong with watching 43" from 8 ft, many people start looking for size upgrade within a year or two.

For a 43 inches or lower get the fullHD TV. Only go for 4k if it's 50 inches or more.

The VU fullHD model looks good to me. And also the resolution of TV matters with the content that you want to watch. If it's regular TV with occasional OTT then a full HD is better. But if the main purpose of the TV is to watch OTT content then a 4K is better.

Note that 4K content is still relatively low as compared to full HD content. And most budget TV will struggle heavily to upscale lower resolution to 4K and such picture will appear pixelated.

Thanks! Yeah the Full HD will also save me money. That doesn't hurt either. I haven't watched a lot of 4k content, so for me 4k doesn't really look natural! I don't know if that sounds weird.

The full HD Vu TV only has one GB RAM though. Will that be a problem?
For viewing from 8-10 ft, I would suggest you to go for 50"-55" if you budget permits. Although there's nothing wrong with watching 43" from 8 ft, many people start looking for size upgrade within a year or two.
I will cross that bridge when I get there. Right now budget is the biggest constraint. The cheaper the better. As long as I can watch shows and movies in it with family.

On another note, I am thinking of getting the extended warranty from Flipkart

I'm currently using a 4K 43" TV from approx 9ft distance and I can't tell 4K content from 1080p even if I tried. It hasn't even been 1 year and I'm already itching to get a 55" once my budget permits.

Try to see if Vu offers extended warranties. Samsung and LG do offer extended warranty for their TVs for some price.
Thanks! Checked, and it is 3500+GST which will be 4000 for 2 years extended warranty. Worth buying?
Big issue. Product doesn't ship to Bangalore! I mean how can a TV not ship to Bangalore!

Last edited:
Thanks! Checked, and it is 3500+GST which will be 4000 for 2 years extended warranty. Worth buying?
Big issue. Product doesn't ship to Bangalore! I mean how can a TV not ship to Bangalore!
How urgent is the purchase?

Sometimes they just have a listing and it is not deliverable to any PIN code in India. I don't know the reason behind it but I have found many products specially on Flipkart which are not deliverable to any PIN code in India. Tried entering 15-20 PIN codes.

Sometimes they just have a listing and it is not deliverable to any PIN code in India. I don't know the reason behind it but I have found many products specially on Flipkart which are not deliverable to any PIN code in India. Tried entering 15-20 PIN codes.
Maybe the stock is over, and they have one left somewhere. Anyway, will wait a few days. Not in any hurry to buy. The big billion day sale has not started yet ...

Flipkart has a bug which is causing this to happen. All products were showing out of stock for me 2 days ago. Try clearing cache/local storage/cookies and then change the pin and re-enter your own. It worked for me.

For TV, full-HD is good enough for 43". Unfortunately full-hd options are fewer than 4k options. I use a 50" TV and I can barely tell the difference between full-hd and 4k, so no point in getting 4k at 43".

I have a Vu TV and it has run trouble free for 3 years now. General feedback for this company is also decent. So I'd recommend it. But there's also an option from Motorola and another from Oneplus which you can consider.

Lastly, I'd also ask you to consider the following model:
LG 108 cm (43 inches) Full HD LED Smart TV https://amzn.eu/d/bg68Udh

I have android TV and the OS is starting to feel quite slow after 3 years. My sister has web OS TV and 5-6 years later, it's still just as responsive as it was when new.

And do check offline prices. Reliance digital and Chroma sometimes offer good prices and you can also get official extended warranty from there. Since you're in Bangalore, you should definitely go take a look at a nearby store.

IMO just get Vu 4K 43" & its additional warranty. It has the best panel among budget TVs, although VA. Not sure why people are recommending 1080p panels when this one has good upscaling for 1080p & even 720p, 2 of my friends have it, 2nd has 50" model. Day by day the 4K content is just increasing. Also, I have seen videos on Youtube which don't look as good on 1080p as on 4K because of low bitrate of 1080p, in such videos I could see 4K was better even on a 1080p panel - gameplay videos & bollywood songs are examples which need a good bitrate.

At the end, it is your call. I personally see no reason for 1080p TVs, unless it is significantly cheaper than 4K. I will say 18-19k for 43" 1080p is fine when 4K is at 25k when your budget is not 25k & your requirements don't need 4K (like for mainly watching STB instead of OTT).

Back