Budget 90k+ 4k Video editing HRR gaming pc.

Hello everyone, my cousin wants to buy a new pc for 4K Video editing and high refresh rate non 4K gaming. He may has to edit 10 bit 4:2:2 raw footage so a powerful pc is needed. Anyone who is doing video editing professionally is welcome to offer his suggestions.

What is your budget?

• 1 lakh for complete pc excluding monitor.
  1. What is your existing hardware configuration.
    • Keyboard and mouse are available
    • 1 TB HDD, 256 GB SSD and two 2TB mechanical external drives are available.
  2. Which hardware will you be keeping.
    • All I have mentioned above.
  3. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel 13th gen or something like AMD 5900x.
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard.
    • GPU - RTX 3060 Ti for 1080p and 3080 Ti for 1440p.
    • Looking for at least 1 TB SSD for now. The performance should be enough for video editing. Will add more in future. Please Include just one (1 TB) in one lakh budget.
    • Not looking for RGB or high end motherboards. I am looking for the most powerful configuration without any extra fancy features.
    • A bare minimum case is needed.
    • Air cooler only.
    • Suggest two good 1080p or 1440p monitor for video editing and gaming. Budget is 25k for 1440p monitor and 15k for 1080p monitor. 1440p monitor should be 27 inch only and 1080p should be 24 inch only.
    • Speakers are not needed. He will be using headphones for now.
    • 32 GB RAM.
  4. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Will be adding more SSD/HDD's in future.
  5. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Amazon, online venders like Vedant computers or TE marketplace/facebook groups.
  6. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes.
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • 4K video editing in Premier pro, Filmora and Da Vinci Resolve.
    • Photoshop, After effects, Blender.
    • Non 4k HRR Gaming.
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None.
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Fps and third person.
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. 1080p or 1440p. Not interested in a 4k monitor.
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • May be
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 or 11

GPU - RTX 3060 Ti for 1080p and 3080 Ti for 1440p.
Do you want two separate GPUs for each of the monitors? I don't understand this statement .

Also, 3080 Ti itself costs 90k+ and your total budget is 1 lakh. How is that GPU supposed to fit in this budget?

Here's a build I tried making, with 5800x and 3060Ti, I hit 1.1 Lakh. The PSU doesn't have much headroom for future upgrades. If that's a requirement, you might look at 750w PSU.

Based on this article H.265 10 bit 4:2:2 acceleration is only available on Resolve if using Intel quicksync on Intel 11th gen or newer processors. So definetly build a system around 12th gen intel processors. Minimum 8 GB VRAM is required for 4K video editing and resolve works better on Nvidia cards according to this article.
Here is a sample build. Take a cabinet of your choice

Do you want two separate GPUs for each of the monitors? I don't understand this statement .

Also, 3080 Ti itself costs 90k+ and your total budget is 1 lakh. How is that GPU supposed to fit in this budget?
3060ti for 1080p and 3080ti for 1440p. The monitor is still not decided that's why two GPU choices. He is looking at a used GPU. A 3080 ti is about 50k used. The budget will be increased a bit if he decides to go for 3080ti.

3060ti for 1080p and 3080ti for 1440p. The monitor is still not decided that's why two GPU choices. He is looking at a used GPU. A 3080 ti is about 50k used. The budget will be increased a bit if he decides to go for 3080ti.
Ok, got it now. The below line made me think this was going to be a dual monitor setup, hence I was confused.
Suggest two good 1080p or 1440p monitor for video editing and gaming

Back