4s baby......

rdst_1

Skilled
31c9c2ec-c307-3d7e.jpg

31c9c2ec-c341-662c.jpg

Picked up one from Aircel for my friend. He didn't have enough patience for her sis to get one for her from the states, plus the low price difference didn't justify a 1 month long wait.

The only sore point in the deal was the lack of good offers along the phone. The aircel people only offered a paid number worth 10k(acc to them). But he was very happy as it is his first iPhone.

I couldn't help teasing him that i had a bigger iPhone than him (my MIUIed SGS2). Plus initial SIRI operations lacked accuracy especially in recognizing indian names. I compared the dialling and messaging with same names and the Samsung Voice(Vlingo) was able to recognize indian names with ease which SIRI was baffled with.Plus no location services for india either which kinda makes the whole SIRI experience less fun and more PITA.Hopefully with future upgrades they iron out these issues.

Sent from a Galaxy in the S2 system

Man , that is sure lots of moolah going for a phone . Congrats . I am also getting one but will wait for a month for it.

boogeyman said:
A "like" for your post for pwning the i-fan :p

Hahaha. But trust me there is a sense of euphoria in buying an iPhone. Even i won't mind getting one for me when the next iteration comes out with a bigger screen size.

Fenix said:
Man , that is sure lots of moolah going for a phone . Congrats . I am also getting one but will wait for a month for it.

Yeah it is. I'm waiting for the unlock to come out and then i'll get one from the states via his sister. Some guys on XDA are saying that there Sprint phones are unlocked to be used with foreign sims but haven't been able to garner more evidence regarding the same. Cos if that's true then there are Sprint pieces going for like $550, kinda a bargain looking at both Indian and US prices of unlocked ones.

dr.sankhadeep said:
congo....how much did he pay??

He paid the full 44500. He could have saved around 2k if he had waited for a week, but guess you can't argue with an ifan.

Congrats....

Yeah SIRI has issues here still it is a super phone, got one for 630$ CND landed...

So it works out much cheaper importing it as of now....(family got it down) Factory unlocked 16Gb.

Back