WTB 4TB 3.5" HDDs

In case you are OK with 8TB drives:
and

Wd black, wd red, wd redplus.
Buy the wd nas from from amazon at 63k, use the 6tb drives in that, sell the diskless nas For 30k.

Wd black, wd red, wd redplus.
Buy the wd nas from from amazon at 63k, use the 6tb drives in that, sell the diskless nas For 30k.
Would have bought the WD NAS, if not for the fact that the Reds inside are likely SMR variants (definitely not Red Plus drives, from any of the photos I could see).

Would still risk and buy this if someone could buy the box alone for 20K. Any takers?

Curious also about this. If the warranty is only valid with the HDDs and NAS unseparated, are you not permitted to upgrade/downgrade drives?
I could not find the exact thread/post, but I do remember reading somewhere about this, I could be wrong.

But for sure they don't allow the WD Mybook series/other external shucked drives to be RMA'd without the case. Will have to check with WD support before purchasing.

I could not find the exact thread/post, but I do remember reading somewhere about this, I could be wrong.

But for sure they don't allow the WD Mybook series/other external shucked drives to be RMA'd without the case. Will have to check with WD support before purchasing.
single bay NAS has to rma as a whole. the EX series if the drives go bad ( smart error) only drives need to be sent. i have put the query n wd community. waiting for reply.

Back