Storage Solutions 4TB Internal Hard Disk

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
I am looking for a fairly fast 4TB Hard Disk as I have run out of space. Half of this would be used for game installs and will replace a WD640AAKS 7200RPM HDD.

Budget is between 10~12k.

Does anyone have experience with the Seagate SSHD series. How good are they? Would be great if anyone can point where I can buy one for a good price. 4TB SSHD is listed on OnlySSD, but its Out of stock.

Any other alternatives? WD Black series seems to be very costly.

Please let us know what you go with in the end. Till a few months ago WD Red were around 17k but now they are available on Amazon for just 12.5k. There was a time when I was even contemplating importing them as they were costing only 13k. 12.5k seems like a bargain now.

^^ Looks like there's nothing like that. WD RED units are affected and its also at random.
It also looks like WD has released a tool to fix the high LCC values.[DOUBLEPOST=1418562404][/DOUBLEPOST]Has anybody used the Seagate NAS drives or the HGST drives ?

Seagate Desktop NAS - These are 5900 RPM drives
HSGT Deskstar NAS. These are 7200 RPM drives

Last edited:
Guys what would be a reliable online source to buy HDD. Both Flipkart and Amazon have only third party sellers selling HDDs. Most of the other computer component specific stores like Prime and ITDepot don't seem to have the 4tb NAS HDDs in stock

Back