Audio 5.1 home theatre or sound bar recommendation?

rajil.s

Adept
Hello,

I am looking to buy a an ATMOS capable home theatre AVR or a soundbar. It would be nice if the rear speakers were wireless. Amazon is selling Sony HT-Z9F but the reviews are quite poor.

Primary purpose is to watch movies using Plex + Nvidia Shield.

Thanks

Last edited:
how big is your room and what is the budget?
Soundbar & AVR setup are two different league.

Please don't waste money in Sony HT-Z9F, not worth that price range.

The corner of the room where the TV unit is setup is about 12 x 11 feet. The person will be sitting at a distance of 8 feet in front of the TV.

Budget is not a concern at the moment, I am looking for something future-proof. Nvidia Shield supports Dolby ATMOS, so something which supports that will be good.
Found this website which lists some good AVR. Wonder whether how legitimate is it. Is there any website which specializes in Audio equipment in India?

Last edited:
If budget is not a concern my personal suggestion is go the AVR route. Hifimart.com, ooberpad, AV Shack are good sites. I have personally used AV shack, had a decent experience, best price I could find for the part I was looking for.

If budget isn't a concern, stay away from Soundbars. They would sound better than TV for sure, but the surround sound is practically non-existent. Get a decent AVR from Yamaha>Marantz>Denon and a 5.1.2 speaker set up which would set you back by 1-1.5L. The AVR would serve you for at least 5-7 years (even more if you are not worried about future tech).

Back