CPU/Mobo 5800x vs 5700x

Dushie

Adept
Let's hope the buyer knows it because it will otherwise take weeks & dozen+ calls to return the product & get full refund.
I cancelled my order, will wait for a drop in price or good offers for 5700x as it has lower TDP and would be easier to setup and manage, when compared to 5800x.
As i have a parallel build ongoing with i12400f, will focus on completing that first for now .

I cancelled my order, will wait for a drop in price or good offers for 5700x as it has lower TDP and would be easier to setup and manage, when compared to 5800x.
As i have a parallel build ongoing with i12400f, will focus on completing that first for now .
If one is not a gamer then even 5600x is more than enough for any typical usage for next few years & for gamers 12400f is anyway better so good decision.

how will this board be - ASUS TUF Gaming A520M-Plus for the 5800x . or https://www.asus.com/in/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-b550m-a/
Should be okay, ref. this comment from 4 months back on this old reddit post (n.b they have a 5700x3d but the rated tdp on that is 105W as well). They've also mentioned a few things they wished that could have been an improvement. And one more thing would be that it has got PCIE 3.0 slots but that shouldnt matter unless you have a need to frequently move multiple gigs of data and would like to save time with faster storage.

Should be okay, ref. this comment from 4 months back on this old reddit post (n.b they have a 5700x3d but the rated tdp on that is 105W as well). They've also mentioned a few things they wished that could have been an improvement. And one more thing would be that it has got PCIE 3.0 slots but that shouldnt matter unless you have a need to frequently move multiple gigs of data and would like to save time with faster storage.
Ah my plans shelved, selling off the 5600x, gonna use the 5800x in place of 5600x.

Back