6 mnth old Geforce FX5200 for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

superczar

Skilled
After the upgrade to the 6800 (Thx Kev) :) My trusty warrior, the 5200 is up for grabs....

Not too sure who would want it though.... :no:

Anyway, the FX5200 is still a decent card for anyone who wants to try out his/her hand at gaming ....

The card is around 6 monts old , not overclocked ever....I will have to check up the exact bill date though ...the original warranty was for 1 year so should have 6 mnths warranty left....

I had paid 3.5 K for it 6 mnths back....

Asking Price: 1.6K

Anyone interested?

The box says Klix geforce 5200....I guess it's a generic Taiwanese make....
128MB video memory....Not too sure about the memory bandwidth interface.....I think Rivatuner can tell me....I''ll do that tonight and let you know

Has a CRT/S-Video/DVI out...
The card has a decent fan based cooler unlike air coolers on most 5200's(sure) and the memory chips have a heatsink (not sure,I'll be opening the comp box tonight and ll check) so should be decently overclockable though....

I can run the UT2004 benchmark and let you know the score if you want....

Hey guys, well i'm new here... but im wondering as to what amongst the latest games that can be well played on this card with a Pc config of P4-1.5ghz, 512 SDRAM, XP Pro +SP2, APG4x slot well in short u c im not s-good at hardware... but in anycase i'm willling to buy this card if being sold at 1500 or atleast around the price.. if it works well on my PC ie...

presently i have a geforce 2mx 400, and i can play pretty much someof the games, and luckily gta4 works just fine.. but id like to try my hands @ HL2 and warcraft 3 and i cant go in for a entire change of motherboard + gfx card and selling off my computer is pretty useless ... well if anyone has anything to say please do let me know.. im interested and btw i live in Mangalore,karnataka...

and i dont really care about the warranty as long as the card works fine got my present one for free:p , cant really shell out more money for a new card would appreciate if sold for 1500 with drivers and stuff. All u techies out there drop a line.. I know 1500 is a low price for the card but im serious about it but cant really pay more right now... but its cool if u get a better offer:)

superczar said:
yeah, but if you see the 2nd chart (with aa & AF) the difference is that of 2.4 fps....Anyway, i get ~60 fps on ut 2K4 and frankly, anythng over 35-40 fps and your eyes wouldn't nnotice the difference

See, i never said that the FX5200 is a great card....I's just that it's a very decent buy for someone who wants to try out gaming or is running on a low budget....

ready for 1.1k quoting on behalf of my friend as hes using that titanium card and
told me wanted 1 for his p3 733 rig so if u willing lemme know as checked out the brand new price.

in the market 2.1k is the big card price for fx 5200. and 2.5 or 2k sud be the price for 6200 in secondhand.​

Well, I'm still wondering as to what games from this list that can be played on either FX 5200 And Or the Ti4200, FPS matters i know but i need a bit of gfx quality and smoothness whilst gaming.

So Here's the games list,

Counter Strike Source,

HalfLife2

Doom 3

Warcraft3 and Frozen Throne

GTA 5

Splinter Cell 1& 2

And anything else that i've left out, basically new games, with decent graphics and good in game smoothness and also Does either of the gfx cards support DX9.0c???

IMO all the above will play on both the cards but in some cases at low frame rates and resolutions.

BTW the 'smoothness' u r saying if i understand correctly,is the FPS.The more FPS,the more smoothness in gameplay.

Well, I'm still wondering as to what games from this list that can be played on either FX 5200 And Or the Ti4200, FPS matters i know but i need a bit of gfx quality and smoothness whilst gaming.

So Here's the games list,

Counter Strike Source,

HalfLife2

Doom 3

GTA 5

Splinter Cell 1& 2

And anything else that i've left out, basically new games, with decent graphics and good in game smoothness and also Does either of the gfx cards support DX9.0c???

The 5200 supports DX 9c

Counter Strike Source,

HalfLife2

Doom 3

GTA 5

Splinter Cell 1& 2

^^ As kumar said, all of the above will run, but here's the catch...you'll have to play at 800x600 with most effects turned off for Doom3

SPlinter cell runs smooth (i.e decent fps)

HL2: can't comment, haven't played yet :( and i am hating myself for it)

GTA5 ( I assume it's vice city you mean) : This one should run OK

CS should be OK....

essentially Doom3 and HL2 seem to be the question marks on your list...They will run at 800x600 , wthout AA/AF but the framerates would stutter at times.....

The others will run fine

PS: BTW could you post the rest of your config here

I bought fx5200 from Stormblast sometime back.
HL2 runs perfectly and smoothly with 4x AA at 800x600 at 35 FPS.
Doom3 also is more or less the same.

all right, price lowered to 1.6K :)...this one has a decent fan on it, so should be easy to overclock.....want to sell it coz it's lying unused and i hate to see it that way :)

A fx5200 DOES NOT support dx9. I Have it on my 2nd PC and it runs HL2 And CSS decent on dx7 with 50 fps and 35 - 40 FPS on dx8.1. DX9 it runs CSS @ 10 fps with Water not rendered.

its was a good budget card. But now the best budget card would be 6200 or 6600 GT.

it has a 128 BIT/128MB Memory Interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back