65" 4K Android TV with Dolby Atmos. Which one to go for?

TestLink

Recruit
I am looking for a 65" 4K LED / QLED TV with good sound that wont require an extra sound bar. At Amazon I can see the below models with inbuilt Dolby Atmos speaker system. Any advice on which one is best value for money? My max budget is 85K. Thanks...

1. Hisense 164 cm (65 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart Certified Android QLED TV 65U6G (Metal Gray) (2021 Model) | With Dolby Vision and Atmos - Rs. 84,999.00
2. Hisense 164 cm (65 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart Certified Android LED TV 65A73F (Black) (2021 Model) | With JBL 6 Speaker System | With Dolby Vision and Atmos - Rs. 64,990.00
3. Hisense 177 cm (70 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart Certified Android LED TV 70A71F (Black) (2021 Model) | With Dolby Vision and ATMOS - Rs. 79,990.00
4. Vu 164cm (65inches) Cinema TV Action Series 4K Ultra HD LED Smart Android TV 65LX (Black) (2021 Model) I With 100 watt Front Soundbar - Rs. 64,999.00
5. Nokia 164 cm (65 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV with Sound by Onkyo (65TAUHDN) - Rs. 54,999
6. Blaupunkt Cyber Sound 164 cm (65 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV (65CSA7030) - Rs. 54,999

TVs cannot produce Dolby Atmos sound. That certification merely means that it can decode dolby atmos. It will still be producing stereo sound only. Decoding capabilities says nothing about the actual quality of the speakers. It's just a gimmick.

Most TVs don't have good audio. Using good speakers will raise the prices significantly and most people don't look for that. So selling such TVs will be difficult.

If you really want good audio, then go for external speakers. That's the only way to get good quality sound.

I'd recommend going with the Vu or Hisense model which costs 65k and invest the remaining 20k on good wired speakers like Edifier S350DB or Swans M50w

Vu customer here , 3 yr old 43 in 4k tv , gave me 1 problem every year , mother board changed twice , and finally after paid extended warranty expires , the backlight fails . Won't buy Chinese crap henceforth . Will pay the extra and buy Samsung , LG or Sony now .
Have 1 Sony and 1 samsung 40 in non smart led both going strong for almost 8 years ....if not more .
Just my 2 cents .

Vu and Hisense are Chinese brands. However, you can just assume that most electronics, which are not Samsung, source majority of their components from China.

I think most people mis-diagnose the problem as the components being manufactured in China being low quality. That's not at all the case. Most major companies of the world are now manufacturing at least a part of their output in China. Even LG's display panels, which are now being used by pretty much every company except Samsung, are manufactured in China.

What defines whether a component will be good or not is the quality control procedures of the company. So companies like LG, Apple, Intel, etc. will have very strong quality controls to ensure that components with faulty parts don't reach the end consumer. And keep in mind that such quality control leads to higher wastage leading to greater production costs. Which is why companies like LG/Samsung/Sony price their products higher than Vu/Xiaomi etc.

So what you should look at is not who is manufacturing their components where, but how good is their track-record. The fact that Nokia likes to tout it's product as manufactured in India/Vietnam/Thailand etc. doesn't mean much if they don't implement proper quality controls. And keep in mind, India's manufacturing standards, at least in high end electronics, is lower than China's.

I think the below satisfies my requirements.
Sony Bravia 164 cm (65 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart LED Google TV KD-65X80AJ (Black) (2021 Model)

Can some one suggest a decent soundbar that would go along with this TV in the price range 30 - 40 K INR?

Thanks...

Back