The GORGEOUS Omnia 7

photo6972.jpg

photo6975.jpg

photo6976.jpg

photo6977.jpg

photo6980.jpg

photo6981.jpg

Congratulations!

Could you kindly post your views on the Mobile Operating System? I am well aware of the hardware specs and would like a user's point of view of the OS.

Oh wow congrats! Yes, please do post your impressions (a mini review if you will) of the device and OS/UI and also some info on the cost, and process you obtained this thingie (stuff like from where, for how much, and how did you go about unlocking it and all that good stuff)...

hey please post how you got it and also the price.

Also please provide your views of maps in windows phone 7. This is the only thing i found lagging way behind google maps.

thanks guys :D well i got everything setup and working for the most part so im happy about that. Overall the its a great experience with WP7, different from wats currently in the market. Its a very simple OS but it gets the job done nicely and with some very nice effects. As nice as those effects are, the OS lacks customization. There are very few options to fiddle around with. Everything is minimalistic. eg I couldnt get my GPRS to work coz there is no option to add a profile manually and once u setup ur LIVE ID you cant delete it without resetting the phone ( resetting causes all data and downloaded apps to be erased too) So ya its not perfect.. One thing that caused allot of problem for me was the live account. If the region in ur live account is set to India then u will not be able to access the market place in the phone. Even after changing my LIVE account location to UK it did not work and to make things worse the location on ur computer has to match as well. So i had to reset the phone, create a new LIVE account with UK as the region, enter a valid postal code, change the location on my PC to UK as well and then everything worked. Its all smooth sailing now :) and i love using the phone.

The phone only connects through Zune and syncing is no prob, works well. The lack of an equalizer in the music player is a bit of a let down. There are also no effects.

Coming to apps now. I think there are currently ~4400 apps available, nothing compared to IOS and Android but its still early days. I downloaded a few free apps and they work well without stuttering or lagging so thats good :)

Hmmm thats enough for now i guess, so ya overall im quiet happy. If you are used to all the freedom Android gives then coming to WP7 may be a bit difficult and u may get frustrated with it. On the other hand if u want somewhat of a different experience and like things simple then u will be happy with WP7. One thing i have to say is that the OS looks incredible on the Omnia 7 display. Sometimes you wont know where the screen ends and begins.

Oh ya BTW i got the phone from Singapore unlocked from the Singtel network.

Back