Graphic Cards 7950 GX2 sli support

Uh-Oh

Disciple
i just heard that nvidia had released the driver to allow two 7950 GX2 to run in sli. i want to get a second one but then i saw in the article:

Press Release

that it wants u to have an FX-62 or a Duo

i'm running an FX-60.....can i still use this driver?

naaw it'll work fine on your FX 60, that isn't proccy dependent... Make sure u have 2 x16 slots, and I mean electrically and not just physically, as in the RD580 and NF4 SLI32 chipsets.

Thats a sweet card man... how bout posting rig pics here..

yea, okay thnx, i wasn't sure about that.

ha ya i will once i have it all set up i'll post pics

specs are ganna be:

Mobo: fatal1ty AN8 SLI

CPU: FX-60

GPU: Geforce 7950 GX2 (maybe 2 in sli if i ever get the money for a second one)

RAM: 2G of corsair XMS DDR 550 (PC4400)

Hard drive(s): Seagate Barricuda 300GB + Western Digital 74GB Raptor

PSU: SilverStone 600 Watt SLI

Sound Card: The Mobo acually comes with a 7.1 AudioMax card and i dont have any extra money to spend so i'm just staying with the one they gave me

Case: Lian-Li PC-V1200 Plus 2

Mouse: Logitech G5

Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse (blue)

Sound: Logitech 5.1 Z-5300e (I wanted to do 7.1 but the price diffrence was so big i decided it wasn't worth it)

And yea thats what i'm building this week :p Decided to go with best i could get on 939 instead of worrying about all the new stuff for AM2 and Duo.

Why not go for a config based on Am2 i.e amd fx-62 w/ nforce 590 SLI motherboard instead. Socket 939 is dead and Am2 platform will give u a better upgrade path.
moreover the prices of fx-60 and fx-62 are almost the same so why go for a platform which is on its last legs.:)

Uh-Oh said:
yea, okay thnx, i wasn't sure about that.

ha ya i will once i have it all set up i'll post pics

specs are ganna be:
Mobo: fatal1ty AN8 SLI
CPU: FX-60
GPU: Geforce 7950 GX2 (maybe 2 in sli if i ever get the money for a second one)
RAM: 2G of corsair XMS DDR 550 (PC4400)
Hard drive(s): Seagate Barricuda 300GB + Western Digital 74GB Raptor
PSU: SilverStone 600 Watt SLI
Sound Card: The Mobo acually comes with a 7.1 AudioMax card and i dont have any extra money to spend so i'm just staying with the one they gave me
Case: Lian-Li PC-V1200 Plus 2
Mouse: Logitech G5
Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse (blue)
Sound: Logitech 5.1 Z-5300e (I wanted to do 7.1 but the price diffrence was so big i decided it wasn't worth it)

And yea thats what i'm building this week :p Decided to go with best i could get on 939 instead of worrying about all the new stuff for AM2 and Duo.

Mayte you going for a new rig now...
Go core 2 duo man... cheaper and faster..

For the price of an FX 62 you'll get an E6700 and will save a bunch of cash too

Could go for a SLI Intel edition also for your dual 7950's...
939 makes a bad investment now, if u have the cash to spare as you certainly do.

I thought u had the config, not were building a new one.

Some suggestions - DDR 2 800 MHz 2 gigs (2x1 GB) look for 4-4-4-12 timings
OCZ or Corsair will do. If you could afford DDR2 1000 even better.

I recommend a 250 GB x 2 RAID 0 setup and another drive, even a raptor.

If you're set on 939, give the Asus A8N 32 SLI or MSI K8N Diamond Plus mobos a look too...

And fast rig man... great.... post pics when its done... Any links to that cabby you're going for? Is it better than the stacker 830?

Back