WTB 8-port Gigabit Switch

codelad

Disciple
Minimum requirement: 8-port, Gigabit, reputable brand, 100% functional, okay with dumb switches.

Beyond that, I'm open to considering whatever comes my way, within reason (and within a 4~5K budget). Please PM your offers. Also open to buying one anew, and would appreciate suggestions on decent offers online. Thank you.

I've had a few of these for a year now, they've passed through hundreds of terabytes of data without any issues or the need to power cycle them.

They have 16Gbps switching capacity, which is more probably than what I need. The 16 port version has 32Gbps switching capacity, I have 300+ clients on the 16 port one and they're all happy. By comparison, an enterprise grade 8 port switch would have a switching capacity of 48Gbps or 56Gbps.

Previously I had a couple of Tenda switches, those needed the occasional power cycle every couple of weeks, but they are cheaper:

Last edited:

I've had a few of these for a year now, they've passed through hundreds of terabytes of data without any issues or the need to power cycle them.

They have 16Gbps switching capacity, which is more probably than what I need. The 16 port version has 32Gbps switching capacity, I have 300+ clients on the 16 port one and they're all happy. By comparison, an enterprise grade 8 port switch would have a switching capacity of 48Gbps or 56Gbps.

Previously I had a couple of Tenda switches, those needed the occasional power cycle every couple of weeks, but they are cheaper:

Have one of these, works totally fine with 6 gigabit connections

Back