WTB 8GB DDR4, SSD, GPU for GTA V [Urgent]

mk76

Adept

Some of you may recall that I was looking for a desktop for a family whose child was suffering from leukemia for last 4 years ( with 3 relapses ). They had exhausted their funds and required the desktop for online classes.

The update is that the infection has spread beyond control now as doctors have informed the parents that all treatment options are exhausted. Apparently, advised to keep the child at home and keep him happy .

One of the kid's desire is to play GTAV ( he's 11 ). So I'll be working on to update the desktop which somehow is not in a workable conditional at the moment. (Most likely software issue .. but could be that primary hdd is dying ). Components that I'm assuming will be needed is
  • 8GB DDR4 ( need to check the frequency of current 4gb )
  • 250-500GB SSD
  • GPU to play GTA V ( need advise which one should I buy )
  • PSU .. maybe ( I've a spare CX430 )
I'll bring the desktop at my place tomorrow and then work on it.

Meanwhile , if you have any of the above to sell with a fast shipping ( to Delhi 110034 ) then let me know. Otherwise I'm ok to buy it new from local market

Last edited:
There's a reseller selling away 1050ti gpus for 11k with 7 day testing warranty. That should be enough for playing GTA V. Pm for details

Hello.
I have a GTX 1050Ti for sale @11.5k with one year warranty.

If you are interested Well, technically it's not mine but my friends. He was looking to sell it anyway.

PS - I am also from Delhi. So we can have a hand to hand deal.

Thx. Will let you know

@joy.das.jd @dazzwilliams - Will 1050Ti work with CX430 PSU ?? setup => i3-7th gen + h100m-s2 + 1 case fan + 1 ssd + 1 hdd

At present I'm trying to get a 1030. I'm hopeful it will be able to run GTAV at medium settings.
The cabinet will not hold a long card. If 1030 doesn't work, will extend to 1050Ti

The GTX 1050 Ti runs entirely off the PCI slot. No extra power cable is required. As such it will run easily on the CX 430 along with your other components.

One fellow member was selling 1030 , if I recall. Best of luck. And God bless you.

One fellow member was selling 1030 , if I recall. Best of luck. And God bless you.
Thx. In touch with @gawdfather007. Have made the payment. Will get it tomorrow.
Thank you all for your offers and help

Update
- Additions to the setup
--- Samsung SSD for boot
--- 8GB crucial ram
--- GTX 1030

Boot time reduced to 5 sec. GTAV running fine.

PS - Although I faced some issue
- Installed CX430 PSU and it was working . However when I added crucial ram ( to existing generic 4gb one ) the system booted 1 time and then crashed in middle. After that no power was observed.
- replaced the psu back to what was already installed ( some intex 450w ) and also removed the old dimm ... so far so good

Last edited:
Back