8Kg Front Loading Washing Machine ( AI or no AI)

Which Brand do you use or recommend

• Total voters

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I am in market for a front loading washing machine. 8kg or more. right now 2 people but have lots of cloths to wash every now and then. Main purpose, washing cloths, drying cloths, hot / cold wash, steam wash, program memory backup and easy to use for parents. Quick wash would be great, don't know what this time will be.

Now I am not sure how the AI feature works in this washing machine, if that a good thing then paying 5k more is not an issue. Wifi can help has I will also be able to keep eye on the wash.

I think LG, Samsung are the option for me. But now I am confused on what model to go for. also how the service of this companies are in this segment.
Plus I don't want to have a broken machine within a month.

Also should I get this with credit card? any benefit of buying it from it?

Quick wash would be great, don't know what this time will be.
Little over half hour but it's not for regular loads.

Only small ones that too not too dirty either. This cycle as far as I'm concerned is only good for two things
- washing new clothes
- refreshing clothes that were in your cupboard and never worn.
- freshly stained clothes where you need to wash say an item or two.
Now I am not sure how the AI feature works in this washing machine, if that a good thing then paying 5k more is not an issue. Wifi can help has I will also be able to keep eye on the wash.
It's supposed to reduce wear & tear in fabric for LG. I don't think you can avoid it since all the new LG's have it.
I think LG, Samsung are the option for me. But now I am confused on what model to go for.
Browse and give your shortlist. I'd prefer LG over Samsung.
also how the service of this companies are in this segment.
Good. They have service networks everywhere.
My LG is going eight years now with no problems. Like anything you take care of it and not abuse it. Do's & Don'ts

Is this your first front loader?

Only small ones that too not too dirty either. This cycle as far as I'm concerned is only good for two things
- washing new clothes

It's supposed to reduce wear & tear in fabric for LG. I don't think you can avoid it since all the new LG's have it.

My LG is going eight years now with no problems. Like anything you take care of it and not abuse it. Do's & Don'ts

I am in market for a front loading washing machine. 8kg or more. right now 2 people but have lots of cloths to wash every now and then. Main purpose, washing cloths, drying cloths, hot / cold wash, steam wash, program memory backup and easy to use for parents. Quick wash would be great, don't know what this time will be.

I think LG, Samsung are the option for me. But now I am confused on what model to go for. also how the service of this companies are in this segment.

Also should I get this with credit card? any benefit of buying it from it?
I use quick wash for my daily clothes 15 minutes and its done [ one wash+ one normal wash]
its worth it

bosch 8 kg series 8
It should have a daily wash cycle. Use that instead of quick wash. On LG's the equivalent is the intensive 60. You're looking at a minimum of an hour and it's only rated for half load

Regular full load on Cottons is 2h30 at a minimum of 40 degrees. Your Bosch will be similar.
I use quick wash for my daily clothes 15 minutes and its done [ one wash+ one normal wash]
That means your wash cycle + rinse cycle complete in 15 minutes.

Here's the problem. The wash cycle is likely around ten minutes which isn't enough to get clothes clean.

LG's quick wash is quick 30 for a quarter load and the wash cycle is 20 minutes followed by two rinses. No prewash and max temps are 40
its worth it
No, it's not. Quick wash is for small loads typically a quarter of a full load. If that's how little you wash fine. But if it's more then no.
detergent is surf excel liquid or sometimes ariel but its always liquid
Ideally you want two rinses after the main cycle and not one.

It should have a daily wash cycle. Use that instead of quick wash. On LG's the equivalent is the intensive 60. You're looking at a minimum of an hour and it's only rated for half load

Regular full load on Cottons is 2h30 at a minimum of 40 degrees. Your Bosch will be similar.

That means your wash cycle + rinse cycle complete in 15 minutes.

Here's the problem. The wash cycle is likely around ten minutes which isn't enough to get clothes clean.

LG's quick wash is quick 30 for a quarter load and the wash cycle is 20 minutes followed by two rinses. No prewash and max temps are 40

No, it's not. Quick wash is for small loads typically a quarter of a full load. If that's how little you wash fine. But if it's more then no.

Ideally you want two rinses after the main cycle and not one.
there are 2 options available 15 or 30 both in quick wash

^Read

Cottons cycle for normal (enable speed perfect) to heavy soiled (don't use speed perfect)

Quick wash is for small lightly soiled items so limited in scope

Seems there is no daily wash on series 8. Cottons then with speed perfect for shorter duration (how short?) is what I would use for daily wash with this machine

Wonder if Bosch has weight detect like LG. Does the cycle time adjust automatically depending on load?

Series 8.jpg

Last edited:

- washing new clothes

first time front loader!

Back