WTB 8th/9th gen i3/i5 processor for LGA 1151 MB

Din

Disciple
Have one LGA 1151 motherboard. Looking for a 8th/9th gen Pentium processor. Prefer i3/i5. Pretty basic needs, lil bit gaming for kid but not into hardcore gaming. Not sure how much to set as budget, but 6K to 8K may be.

You can get a 9350kF for under 7k: https://mdcomputers.in/intel-core-i3-9350kf-bx80684i39350kf.html

IIRC you have a B365 board which won't allow it to overclock, but the -KF will default boost frequencies (4.6GHz) much higher than a non-K part (eg 9100F or 9400F); single core performance will be better, which translates to improvements in gaming performance. You don't need any top-end power delivery to run stock boost clocks on a quad core either, the B365 is well capable. For any other basic needs, a quad core is still very serviceable.

No hyperthreading, but you don't get hyperthreading in any 8th/9th CPU except the 8700(k) and 9900(k).

Thank you very much for the detailed reply @RadarHz. Much appreciated. Sounds like a good option.

As it is the 'F' type, we will need dedicated graphics card isn't it? Will GT 730 ddr5 work? Not sure if I am asking for too much, but this support 4K? Any other options like a basic card?

Edit: Meant movies etc. I mean, that 4K. And not for gaming.

The GT 730 will definitely work, as will any other video card on the market that works in the PCIe slot. As for 4k video playback, that depends on the video decoder in the card, but most cards, even low end ones like the 730 have enough to run a 4k60fps output, which is higher than your typical movie framerate.

Back