Graphic Cards 9600GT for TV and LCD switching

dsarosh

Adept
Hello,
Hope this is the correct section which I am posting into.
I have a 9600Gt card with an Acer 19" monitor. The default resolution of my monitor desktop is 1440x900.

I have now connected my tv to my video card though the d-sub connectors. I can go into nvidia control panel and select the option to "clone" both displays. This will cause both the monitor and the TV to display the exact same thing, only problem is that the resolution of the monitor goes down from 1440 to 1024.

However, I need a bit more functionality than this. What I want is to selective send few applications to view on my TV, while leaving the the monitor as it is. For example, I would like to view word documents on the TV so I can zoom into the text and read it from a distance.

I tried doing this with the nvidia options but I'm ending up in a mess and cant figure out how to set the focus of the mouse pointer from the monitor back to the TV without having to go to the nvida control panel each time.

If anyone knows any programs that I can use to achieve what I want, please tell me about it.
My main requirement is to be able to view the applications i need on separate desktops, and also able to move the mouse focus back and forth easily from the monitor and the TV

On XP there was a nice program from nvidia named nview, but I don't think I can use that program for vista. Can someone point me to the downlaod link for nview?
Thanks and regards,
Sarosh

Back