Graphic Cards 9700 pro -> 6600 GT worth it ?

Amol

Adept
Just wondering about this upgrade, since my trusty 9700 still runs games well, but struggles in doom3, riddick and COD 2.
Also running 9700 PRO @ 9800 pro speeds.

So should i wait a while for the prices to go down and wait for some time for new series of cards to come by or just sell my existing card and then get a 6600 GT ?
Thanks.

Its not huge upgrade. In modern games like COD you might get playable experience with 6600GT which i huess you are not able to now.

But its not the kind of upgrade you will be too happy with.

Why dont you think of something like X800GT or X800GTO.

GT is below 10K at the moment. Much better overall card than 6600GT at same price. Overclocks well too.

Sell your 9700 pro as quickly as you can. Even now it will be very hard to find buyer for it :p

And 7800GS is still some time away and wont exactly be too cheap.

EDIT: argh forgot the AGP factor. Your choices are preety limited i guess then. I havent seen any AGP X800GT here .

if u get a decent deal on the 9700pro then sell it n get the 6600gt. there is a diff in the newer games but not really huge. but in the d3 engine u will notice the diff.

Hmm you will notice a diff in d3 tech, but then again not worth the xtra money. Hold on for a while and go PCIE later

Back