A Billion Hands - Join the fight against Terror

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Got email from Network18..

Dear Friend,
It is time to act, and here we present a platform for change, a platform for us to come together and express some of the anger and anguish we felt over the last few days. Express some of the frustration and helplessness that we felt. And above all, a neutral platform for us to debate how each one of us can make a difference to this effect. Come, join hands at A Billion Hands - Join The fight against Terror and for a Better Tomorrow , an initiative from Network18 that pledges to root out terror. And to ensure that these horrors don't get lost in endless political debates, and eventually forgotten. Please help spread the word, forward this to all your friends, and your family. It'll also be nice if you can change your profile status to "I have joined A Billion Hands - Join The fight against Terror and for a Better Tomorrow ".

Ian Anderson & Anoushka Shankar have graciously joined us in the movement against terror, and are holding a "Billion hands" concert 0n Dec 5th in Mumbai. You can buy tickets for the concert on the site. The proceeds of this will go directly to a charity.
Peace and Love

Team Network18

Good program by Network18... Let's hope they get success.. :)

Sure. We'll fight terror. What about the millions of Indians who dont give a shit about terror because they are anyway dying due to starvation?

What about all the undernourished kids who might never understand what terror is coz they wont grow up to be adults?

What about the people dying because they are ill and the government hospitals dont give them decent care?

You really think terror is our biggest problem?

Why dont i see a single initiative from this media networks....tv18 does this......dna-zee group start some sms campaign....cnn along with HT comes with their own initiative....why dont they come under one roof....Again politican type dilemma...plus all are money making drama... concert+sms saga all i dont support any

No terror is not the biggest problem, its the most important problem..Its about national pride..

While the problems you mentioned are much more important and have way more impact in terms of number of people, terrorism has a much larger reach in terms of spreading fear and hatred which if not controled can potentially convert into a much bigger problem than poverty and malnutrition..

If the nation unites in pretext of terrorism, why detter people..povery and all were there since long no one did anything till now..only false assurances..This time we have a chance to begin with something that has effect on everyone and thus can ensure mass participation..Eventually this can be used for purposes other that terrorism..once the nation knows how to unite,the power behind such unision, India wil have a chance..

Nikhil said:
Sure. We'll fight terror. What about the millions of Indians who dont give a shit about terror because they are anyway dying due to starvation?
What about all the undernourished kids who might never understand what terror is coz they wont grow up to be adults?
What about the people dying because they are ill and the government hospitals dont give them decent care?
You really think terror is our biggest problem?

No terror is not the biggest problem, its the most important problem..Its about national pride..

While the problems you mentioned are much more important and have way more impact in terms of number of people, terrorism has a much larger reach in terms of spreading fear and hatred which if not controled can potentially convert into a much bigger problem than poverty and malnutrition..

If the nation unites in pretext of terrorism, why detter people..povery and all were there since long no one did anything till now..only false assurances..This time we have a chance to begin with something that has effect on everyone and thus can ensure mass participation..Eventually this can be used for purposes other that terrorism..once the nation knows how to unite,the power behind such unision, India wil have a chance..

magnet said:
Why dont i see a single initiative from this media networks....tv18 does this......dna-zee group start some sms campaign....cnn along with HT comes with their own initiative....why dont they come under one roof....Again politican type dilemma...plus all are money making drama... concert+sms saga all i dont support any

They won't earn then. You really think they care about terror. Its good brand building and marketing exercise. Apart from that no one would even care to worry about an sms cost, thinking he is showing his support.

Safin said:
They won't earn then. You really think they care about terror. Its good brand building and marketing exercise. Apart from that no one would even care to worry about an sms cost, thinking he is showing his support.

sad but true.

Rahulrulez said:
Hmm, I don't think so.. I just forwarded the Email I had got, nothing else :S :S
Nahi re. Dont take it personally!! I was just ranting and raving. Sorry if it offended you. Didnt mean to target any person specifically.

Party Monger said:

You are optimistic. Like how I was once upon a time. Good luck!

Man seriously, how many terror related threads !!! Everywhere on f***ing tv, print media thats all there is.... Thats what it is.. come one we have not descended in the dark ages yet...

I know ppl are scared etc.. but wake up probability in you getting killed in a terror attack is as high as you getting killed with a tree falling on you etc !!

You know in the end terrorist are winning, those guys dont have any agenda but to spread chaos, and they are freaking winning, all everyone wants to do now is go to war etc...

the first step to fight terror is to punish terrorists who reside in our own country and the first on the list is LK Advani......he is the one responsible for the senseless Babri Masjid act.......he is the one responsible for people who died in the riots and bomb blasts after that.....it was an act purely done for political mileage......look what it has done.......

what Indian people believe is not the reality.the wounds are properly hidden.

regarding babari ,History shows many a number of mosques actually was mandir's.The 1000 year war with India by the cult caused death of many million innocents. and now there is a pseudo media ,which says terrorism is not related to religion?eh? NOT all are brain-washed.peace is a word which must be cut from cults.

AND!

If you search ,you can find churche's in kerala ,masjids too were Mandirs.but that does not mean we must change them all back to mandirs.

maintain the status-co.If muslims get so angry about babari ,then what about arab countries who dont even allow another religion to practice there?Saudi arabia?

Hindus are secular.We are provoking them for years.people ,non-hindus(as in abrahamic religion including me) must "come out" from their childhood brainwash in madrassas and church's that truth is only our way and all curses goes to hindus ,the idoleters. can you imagine ,how great is this country?

read the facts sometime.

Seriously, close all these terrorism related threads.

People tend to overreact without knowing $hit.

We can talk in more detail about this when the next blast occurs (Near the December 31st I reckon). Nothing is going to change in this country, no media campaigns no $hit, as long as we are safe lets just keep paying homage to the departed and hope we dont join them soon.

Nikhil said:
You are optimistic. Like how I was once upon a time. Good luck!

How does not being optimistic help our country?

Least we can do is help this nation grow stronger..this is not like everother time.people have actually woken up..go around you'l see the concern..get up and help india prosper..:hap2:

Party Monger said:
How does not being optimistic help our country?
Least we can do is help this nation grow stronger..this is not like everother time.people have actually woken up..go around you'l see the concern..get up and help india prosper..:hap2:

It doesnt help our country. I am aware of that. But being optimistic also doesnt help. Nothing can save this country. I prefer to be pessismistic and if the situation improves, I'll be very very happy. If it does'nt I always knew it wouldnt! :D :rofl:

First define Terrorism. This Global War on Terror is nothing but a Farce, a plot to extend the will of the New World Order (formerly known as the British Empire). Its all about Economic Slavery.

I challenge everybody here to get yourself away from your Television Sets and what not and do some real research and not just swallow what you see and hear on the TV and Internet. Because they are only telling you what they want you to hear and see.

Good Starting point is Hilter and the Nazi's.

Back