A Champion arrived and its a Fatal1ty of Titanic Proportions

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Creative Sound Blaster X Fi Titanium Faltal1ty Champion :p

Don't want to remember the damages :ashamed:, but it worked to a wee bit cheaper than an Auzentech X Fi Forte.

Lord Nemesis said:
Creative Sound Blaster X Fi Titanium Faltal1ty Champion :p

Don't want to remember the damages :ashamed:, but it worked to a wee bit cheaper than an Auzentech X Fi Forte.

lol no fun in show off without damages.
Higher the better:eek:hyeah:

And congrats..............how does this fare against forte:cool2:

Actually I took a couple more pics with my phone (My Digicam is out of order), but none of them came out properly and I had already installed the card before I checked the pics. :ashamed:

As for damages, the total came to around 8.9k. Fatal1ty Champion actually costs $200 in the US, but there was a $60 discount when I bought it. This takes my total headphone audio upgrade cost to a freaking 22k.

Gowt1ham said:
And congrats..............how does this fare against forte

From whatever pre-purchase research I had done, X Fi Forte has better analog electronics + Built in Headphone amplifier to boot, but I intended to use digital out for the most part and I also have a discrete Headphone amplifier in the form of my A40 MixAmp. So Forte's positive points didn't matter to me too much. Further one major issue I had with the forte is that its a half height card but with a longer length. I think forte would have been impossible or at least very difficult to install in my rig because of the choice of components and the layout I have in my rig.

^^ Creative does have drivers for Linux, but not sure how well they work out.

In the early days of Linux, creative was the way to go if you wanted sure shot compatibility for sound card in Linux. Sound Blaster was a sort of a defacto standard in those days for sound cards and any card that complied with the original sound blaster 16 was automatically supported by most of the PC DOS games as well as operating systems like Linux that had only support for the Sound Blaster 16. But sound cards have evolved a lot since then, so they do require dedicated drivers to get the best out of them.

Back