A few X'tra inches

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
Guys got the 22" Viewsonic 2235 to replace my 740N and it's really awesome :D ... there's really a noticible difference with the new gen TN panels, coming from a 740N ... for a brief moment had though about the Dell 2407 but i'd have had to add another 8800 in SLi to be able to run the upcoming games at that resolution so decided against it (also i couldn't afford it :p ). Here are a few pics, but these dont do any justice to the actual thing.

The colors deffinately need some calibration ... for now I'm hoping that Spyderman Vij :eek:hyeah: is planning a trip to Bombay soon ... lol

btw thanx to Rahul Verma for his generous offer :p ... look like this will be my last upgrade for a while :(

Good buy. Actually the newer TN panels are quite good...

To be honest my Dell 2407 looks 2" too big sometimes in desktop mode and some apps for me right now...but its getting smaller by the minute :p , games n movies rock for sure...There are few details in photographs that I hardly noticed with my older TN(which is prob no comparison to your panel)

Also can scale okay from 1680x1050 with Dell2407 or can just run at that res without scaling even...

There r quite a few software calibrators that you can use that actually do a good job...Or an ahem copy of DisplayMate can get the job done very well indeed...

But I prefer the E228WFP over the viewsonic one for looks...

Btw congrats...You made a good choice...:)

:bleh: That is a nice heading....You must forgive the dirty mind...A few inches always brings one thought to mind :rofl: :rofl:

Congrats anyways for a nice purchase

vij said:
But I prefer the E228WFP over the viewsonic one for looks...

If you'd have said that cause of the panel then I wouldn't mind but lookwise I think the Viewsonic looks much better with the gloss finish and built in speakers that give it much more presence ... still it's my personal opinion

vij said:
There r quite a few software calibrators that you can use that actually do a good job...Or a copy of DisplayMate can get the job done very well indeed...

Thanx ... will try it out soon

Saiyan said:
heard this one is better than the Dell 22" ;)

Now that I've got it , I'd like to think so :D

nVidiaBeast said:
how much damage dude?

it cost me close to 18k

Well...maybe coz Im bored of seeing that viewsonic style....They have the same styling for most of their products...I had the VX924 and it had the same styling...

Its a good buy for sure....with speakers et al.

Back