A gift from the gods?!

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
:eek:hyeah:

s1LYz.jpg

Gifted by a close friend and a colleague of mine actually.

Dq1lD.jpg

A package cometh a couple of days after Faheem and I celebrated our birthday. Turns out it's a real shocker. Gifted by the wifey if I may add!

nOer8.jpg

TADA!

JLApP.jpg

6rRBe.jpg

A free game (meh!) was bundled with the package. :p

gkULj.jpg

Up close & personal with the new X360 S console. Matte finish - me likes!

rySrV.jpg

VJLdM.jpg

The black controller - part of the standard bundle. Wish MS had a USB-rechargeable Li-ion battery within the controller a la the DS3. Nvm.

kX6E7.jpg

6pdYZ.jpg

The ports at the back of the console. There's nothing new here other than the port atop the ethernet port which mimics the Display port in appearance - it is the Kinect port.

hwTbd.jpg

The setup completado! :eek:hyeah:

YUMQq.jpg

Left to right clockwise - the sub, the UPS, Fostex T20v2 vintage cans, the Maverick Tubemagic D1 DAC and the Philips HTS3571 5.1 receiver. The receiver was probably the best investment I've made - accepts a coaxial and optical input, processes Dolby D & DTS signals and costed me 16k. Completely worth it IMO.

RBYKK.jpg

EzQAT.jpg

pxE3G.jpg

Cable management anyone? :p

DHwpR.jpg

Some Eneloops and the normal charger for the controller when it runs out of juice!

QHQhI.jpg

What better a title to kick start the X360 awesomeness!

qBSgj.jpg

Qvn0N.jpg

U2BEN.jpg

A recent DX purchase thanks to Gaurish.

x7W99.jpg

A parting shot of the entire bunch!

57KY4.jpg

god, u're lucky ur wifey like that that she gift u a x360.
btw did she buy a diamond earing for herself in the past few days :p ?

EDIT:

wifey = wife.

OMG gannu so u are married :O p.s u change back your real name old is gold :D and is this your own house or rent :|

Crazy_Eddy said:
You're married? :O
Seriously, looking at the neatness of the environs I thought the same. I mean WTH mate !

On a side note that's like a total newage indian geek. A Ganesh (Gannu?) idol at the bottom totally pwned by the android figurine at the top :p

@Arun: Rented. :)

@Gaurish: Thanks. Actually quite a few own both the consoles. And then some of them even sold theirs away lol.

@sarang: :p

Crazy_Eddy said:
You're married? :O
Wifey need not necessarily mean a wife!

Urban Dictionary said:
Derived from the noun "wife", it is used to indentify one's girlfriend (either signifying her potential as a wife, implying the presence of spousal attributes, or to indicate her ownage in order to fend off perverted dickheads who try and catch a look at one's girl.)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wifey

Thanks a bunch guys. Wasn't expecting the X to come up soon enough. Was planning to invest in one before GeOW3 was here but alas. I am afraid other than Alan Wake, GeOW 2/3, Halo 3, ODST and Reach, the X is going to shy away from the exclusives that the PS3 can boast of.

@Arun: haha yeah but trust me I don't watch TV at all. :p

Back