A good ebook reader

rockinruler

Disciple
Jun 11, 2010
Is there a really cheap and good ebook reader ?
Even something as small as an Ipod touch would do. I just need to read books that are in pdf peacefully. I have an N78 at the moment and reading books on it is hell.

I can shell only around 6k, and I know the odds of finding something around that price mark are pretty low, but still just wanna know what is the cheapest option I've got.

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
At 6.3 K, you can get a Kindle 3 WiFi from the US provided you know someone who is coming from there and can get it for you :)

var89

Adept
Aug 27, 2007
Reading books on a mobile phone IMO is just a fad. Try doing it a couple of times, you will realize.

As for ebook reader you can go in for Sony PRS 300 or Sony PRS 600. I'm using one so telling by my personal experience.

Torch

Disciple
Jun 26, 2009
Reading text-only ePub files on a mobile phone is perfectly fine. The text is reflowed to the screen size and turning pages more often isn't really a problem. I'm very content with reading them on the iPod Touch. Books with diagrams and illustrations however are a nightmare. Comic books also are a nightmare.

lubu

Disciple
Aug 21, 2009
A friend of mine got the nook for 7.5K from shopyourworld after the ICICI CC disount. Its pretty decent. I have not seen or used the kindle so cannot comment..

rockinruler

Disciple
Jun 11, 2010
Thanks a lot for all the helpful replies guys. I'll check all the suggestion.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Torch said:
Reading text-only ePub files on a mobile phone is perfectly fine. The text is reflowed to the screen size and turning pages more often isn't really a problem. I'm very content with reading them on the iPod Touch. Books with diagrams and illustrations however are a nightmare. Comic books also are a nightmare.
It's the ones with diagrams I'm talking about. Reading texts only has never been a problem. :D