a good rar/zip password recovery tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't exist. Anyone who says otherwise is probably lying. Unless you know some of the plain text... then you might be able to do something.

bah dont exist? well i had used a Passware password recovery, worked effectively. Shareware version shows first 3 caracters. But if u know how to get full version, its awesome. Also works for office and lotus applications.

Yeah such software does exists. Another software which does the same job is Advanced Archive Password Recovery.

But i don't think, there is much difference between these softwares as all of them use the same technique to recover the password called the BruteForce method which is to try out all possible combinations.

i think i too have used the passware... very effective one.. and if u know to search u can easily make it show out all characters of the password ;)

Hitman Yesterday 10:07 PM
But i don't think, there is much difference between these softwares as all of them use the same technique to recover the password called the BruteForce method which is to try out all possible combinations.

I think even after using the techniques of brute force, results can vary, as the main component for success is the dictionary that the software uses for applying bruteforce.

Yeah I tried a couple but all required bruteforce, which, believe me takes a bloody long time. Using bruteforce to break an 8 digit alpha numeric key would take more than a month easily.

The reason I asked is because I have a pdf password recovery program that makes the file freely accessible within seconds, without using bruteforce. I have no idea how it works; possibly KingKrool would be able to explain ...?

@Mr Czar: haha yeah what had you said? 10 posts every hour :p

^^ Depends on your processor speed, what options you would have chosen (only alphanumeric, special symbols also etc)

there are a lot of password crackers for rar and zip but frankly my experience with most of them is bad till now none has worked for me.

thanks

And probably, it takes 3 years to crack the password.. :bleh:

Do not bump decade old threads unnecessarily..! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back