PC Peripherals A good wireless combo.

MegaMind

Adept
Hello guys, it's been a long time.
I'm planning on a good wireless kb n mouse for my rig.
I can spend 2K for this combo. Which one would be a good choice?
I'm having Microsoft wireless desktop 2000 in mind.

Any better options?

is it for gaming usage?? if not, go for it.. if it is for gaming, shell out you money on a better gaming mouse (ofcourse wired) and a keyboard of your choice..

For gaming I'll be using my old mx518/controller. This combo is for general usage.
So no better combo within my budget other than MS wireless 2000?

I had the ms wireless. I found it to be crap and had a lot of connection issues even at a close range.
I would recommend going for something wired to be honest because the lag is pretty frustrating even for general use.

I had the ms wireless. I found it to be crap and had a lot of connection issues even at a close range.
I would recommend going for something wired to be honest because the lag is pretty frustrating even for general use.
The new ones seem better.

@OP: extend your budget a bit and get MS wireless desktop 3000.
I own it and I have not had any performance or any kind of issues.
Near 3-4 months old IIRC

Wats the diff. between 2000 and 3000?
Not really sure.
For one its quite an old design.
The buttons on top are highly glossy.
The mice is inferior with lesser buttons and bluetrack not as good as 3000.
3000 looks better and is a bit bigger with more key spacing.
3000 is spill resistant, not sure about 2000.

Rest you'll have to google n find out

That's quite a harsh stand. Care to elaborate?
The one I had was pretty bad. At times it would not resposnd at all, there was a huge lag of 2-7secs at time. I kept typing and nothing would show up on screen, then all the key strokes would appear in one "automated" sequence suddenly. The mouse was a battery hogger. Then I got the Logitech MK-260 iirc, and that one is pretty decent. I neve rhad a lag on this one yet.

The one I had was pretty bad. At times it would not resposnd at all, there was a huge lag of 2-7secs at time. I kept typing and nothing would show up on screen, then all the key strokes would appear in one "automated" sequence suddenly. The mouse was a battery hogger. Then I got the Logitech MK-260 iirc, and that one is pretty decent. I neve rhad a lag on this one yet.
Which model from MS?

Back