A major PAN card misuse scam likely unfolding across India; many cases already reported

sometime I am even really afraid of sharing my phone number.
Privacy and information security isn't considered as a topic worth discussion neither by public nor enough by those responsible.
This is a massive joke at this point. I have reached every single authority, namely NIXI, UIDAI, MeitY after receiving direct threats to be blacklisted all over India. The guy who had the audacity to abuse me after receiving my Aadhaar was supposed to be jailed. Somehow everybody is silent and he is roaming free with his scam business intact.

This is a massive joke at this point. I have reached every single authority, namely NIXI, UIDAI, MeitY after receiving direct threats to be blacklisted all over India.
Can you elaborate the incident, what exactly happened?
The guy who had the audacity to abuse me after receiving my Aadhaar was supposed to be jailed. Somehow everybody is silent and he is roaming free with his scam business intact.
Well, this is India!

Can you elaborate the incident, what exactly happened?
I was talking about the Mitsu case. If you haven't gone through my post #128 yet, this post by me has the transcriptions of the calls received from them. Just scroll a bit for the transcriptions or go through the entire post if you can. https://techenclave.com/threads/consumer-harassment-the-mitsu-in-way.215877/page-7#post-2513750
Well, this is India!
I still have a lethal armour at my disposal that I have not yet unleashed. Let my exams end next month and I will show what a common man can do even if he is a "child".

Last edited:
Privacy and information security isn't considered as a topic worth discussion neither by public nor enough by those responsible.
And I am reasonably sure that there is a high change any criticism of authorities' unwillingness to prioritize citizen's digital security over the state's right to surveil and the corporations' right to make money from retaining data /information, will quickly digress into a political name calling game here. If that is the trend on a tech-forum, I won't expect much better from the general public. So I guess we would have wait for shit to hit the fan through significantly larger scale digital fraud before authorities take some meaningful action.

As it is, my firm view is that the government generally does not even fully understand the risks that citizen, and the nation in general faces in the long run, due to centralization of data and forced PAN AADHAR linkages - coupled with the absence of meaningful data protection. And a new law would not be enough for that until the workforce that deals with citizen's data is well trained to ensure data security by complying with good practices.

Last edited:
Privacy is a myth. No one ever had it. Especially if you mattered. What has changed is that common people have started to matter.

You want to vote and decide the fate of powerful people? The powerful people want to know and control what you are thinking and talking about.

People who really wanted privacy had to spend money and effort and even then it wasn't assured.

... until the workforce that deals with citizen's data is well trained to ensure data security by complying with good practices.
If your system depends on lots of highly trained individuals to run it, it won't last.

Spend some time with govt officials :) It will give you an idea of the nature of the problem. Try training one of them.

The solution will be technical and centralized. It will involve easy traceability with advanced identity management. Secrecy won't take you very far (Even US govt, which all its resources, couldn't keep its diplomatic cables secret). The idea will be to make data theft, esp personal/financial, unrewarding.

Last edited:
Back