PC Peripherals A Memory question

I have a transcend 512 mb DDR400 memory...i want to upgrade to 1gb ram in a dual channel memory config..now the problem is tht my DIMM is a double bank design...and from what i've found out, if i use two such similar dimms, it'll perform at 333 mhz rather than 400...?
Is it true? If so..is thr a way out?help me out guys.... :huh: :huh:

Well i didnt try it out on my system...i read about it in a lot of forums..so now i guess, its my turn to find out..;)
Oh..yes...my mobo is ASUS P4P800DELUXE....:)

i kno it can run dual channel at 400mhz....the thing is tht it runs single sided DDR400 rams at 400mhz in a dual channel mode....whether it'll also run the double sided rams at 400mhz in a dual channel mode is what i want to kno...anyone tried it? :)

CaaYoTee said:
i kno it can run dual channel at 400mhz....the thing is tht it runs single sided DDR400 rams at 400mhz in a dual channel mode....whether it'll also run the double sided rams at 400mhz in a dual channel mode is what i want to kno...anyone tried it? :)
dont remember intel configs having this problem so you should be ok using 2 double sided dimms.. only thing is that if you overclock , ie more than 400Mhz you will lose pat ..

noah..i dont oc ever..period!! ;) Havent even enabled PAT in the bios...quiet happy wid the stock speed.. :)

Btw,if i were ever to enable the memory acceleration mode, will my transcend Dimm handle it properly cos the bios gives a warning about possible h/w damage in case it is enabled...

CaaYoTee said:
noah..i dont oc ever..period!! ;) Havent even enabled PAT in the bios...quiet happy wid the stock speed.. :)
Think..i'll have to give it a try...
Btw,if i were ever to enable the memory acceleration mode, will my transcend Dimm handle it properly cos the bios gives a warning about possible h/w damage in case it is enabled...
where do you get such a warning ? dont recall noticing anything like that

anyways dont think transcends should have problems handling pat

yeah, enable memory accelaration. What bios says in the info is there to ignore ;)
It gives nice extra juice for p4p800.
And the problem with running 4 double sided DIMM in DDR400 is more prone for Athlon64 and its architecture. Not so much for P4 and INtel Chipsets.

Back