A New Pc for 15k

shatrughan

Disciple
Guys i am going to buy a new PC in next a weeks time, so need your inputs on this one

Q: What is your budget?
Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
I won’t be keeping anything from my old config.
Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU – both intel and amd will work
GPU – no
HDD – WD Only
Monitor – any
Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
This is what it’s gonna be for quite a few years to come.
Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Mumbai and online Purchase from ICT or TE market
Q: Would you consider buying second hand hardware from the TE market
No
Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Browsing
Watching movies
Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No
Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
no

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - any
Desktop - any
Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No
Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
windows xp

Thanx for all your help

Whats your old config? Do mention that. If u can retain few stuffs like DVD R/W, Keyboard+Mouse, Speakers etc... u can get a slightly better config as u have a very tight budget.

Components Description Price (INR)
Processor AMD Sempron 140/AMD Athlon II X2 240 1750/2800
Motherboard Asus M2N68-AMPLUS 2150
RAM 1GB 800MHz Kingston DDRII RAM 1250
HDD 500GB WD Blue 2100
GPU On Board GF7025 -
Monitor Dell 1910IN 5850
Cabinet Zebronics/I Ball Cabby with SMPS 1100
PSU/SMPS NA -
Total 14200/15250

Emperor said:
DarkAngel if possible avoid asus as ( I read on TE) there is lots of issue with Warranty.
Yup. I mostly try to avoid recommending Asus. But not much choice in the price range.
The Gigabyte M61PME-S2 costs the same but has only 2 SATA ports IINM(So 1 for ODD and 1 for HDD) no room for upgrades.
NP, Delhi store dont stock Biostar boards and in Mumbai Prime has few boards listed. So finding the right board now a days depends on place of living too even for metros.:(
(unless OP is open to online purchase)

@OP:
The Biostar A780L ~ 2.7k looks a decent board and costs 2.7k in PrimeABGB. It a 760G based board. Check that.

Back