A question regarding Aramex Shop & Ship and Ebay (US)

Private Ryan

Skilled
I tried searching on this a lot but couldnt find relevant information. Hopefully, this will also help newbies here on the whole process of using Aramex Shop & ship with Ebay.com.

Thing is, I thought it would be a good idea to open a separate ebay dot com account, plug in my aramex US address and everything will be smooth. 2 days later, my spanking new amriki account is suspended with ebay citing reasons as "questionable activities" when all I did was bid on a gadget I wanted to purchase. Now they are asking me to call to resolve the matter. I know if I 'call', my little party will be busted.

What is the work around for this problem? Can you use your ebay.in ID to shop on the US site by just adding the Aramex address to the ebay.in ID? And perhaps making it your primary address? Obviously, I'm talking about those listings on ebay.com which ship only to US (and not worldwide). :p

Thanks to those bloody hypocrites running this country and RBI, I just have 2 days left to use my paypal balance whichever way i seem fit online. From march onwards we unlucky indians will be pushed back into prehistoric age. So much so for the world's biggest democracy.:)

^^there is no workaround. my ebay.com account was also suspended due to lack of verification. i even called them up but waiting time

was close to 1 hr :p . just add aramex address to your ebay.in account, the same id can be used to login at ebay.com. just change the primary address

to aramex's address before ordering from ebay.com.

I have an indian account which I added this address to. I use that to buy and purchase items from US all the time. As far as US calls go, use Skype. Skype has free calls to toll free numbers. I speak to PayPal CC/eBay CC all the time. No issues.

dantool said:
^^there is no workaround. my ebay.com account was also suspended due to lack of verification. i even called them up but waiting time

was close to 1 hr :p . just add aramex address to your ebay.in account, the same id can be used to login at ebay.com. just change the primary address

to aramex's address before ordering from ebay.com.

Thanks mate! :) If that works, it'll be the best thing since i have some feedback score in my ebay india account. Most of the reputed Ebay.com sellers back out/ignore if you have low or zero feedback score. :\
nitant said:
I have an indian account which I added this address to. I use that to buy and purchase items from US all the time. As far as US calls go, use Skype. Skype has free calls to toll free numbers. I speak to PayPal CC/eBay CC all the time. No issues.

Oh yes, skype is all good. What I meant was, if they ask me to provide proof of my US address, I'll be in a fix, since it is afterall illegal, no matter how shop & ships wants us to look at it. :p
Crossx said:
So now from March onwards only paypal accounts linked with credit card can buy stuff, right?

Yes, and your purchasing power will depend on your card's credit limit. :p Not to forget the extra charges incurred per transaction. The perks of living in a 'free country'. :)
kippu said:
RYAN!!! welcome back , what you doing these days?

Kippu Saar!!! :-D Long time!! How are you? So sorry for being out of touch,bro. After the daily grind, there is hardly any juice left to come online. :-(

Tell me your FB id. :p

Private saar, just use your ebay.in ID with an indian address and add the aramex address. Why would providing the aramex id be illegal ? I thought it was just a forwarding address like PO box ? Don't see any issues with that. Even SingPost which is a govt postal service provides forwarding addresses and I dont think they would if it was illegal

bottle said:
Private saar, just use your ebay.in ID with an indian address and add the aramex address. Why would providing the aramex id be illegal ? I thought it was just a forwarding address like PO box ? Don't see any issues with that. Even SingPost which is a govt postal service provides forwarding addresses and I dont think they would if it was illegal
Err Saar, I thought it was illegal cos Ebay clearly states while filling the registration form that the address and phone number should be valid for personal use. They cannot reach us directly when we plug in the Aramex provided phone number.I'm not sure though. But they suspended my ebay.com account which had the aramex address and asked me to call from the phone number registered to get verified and reinstate the account. :(

May be Ebay thinks it is a loss to Global ebay business? ( I mean we purchase items to aramex address. Else we might go for global ebay)

Private Ryan said:
Err Saar, I thought it was illegal cos Ebay clearly states while filling the registration form that the address and phone number should be valid for personal use. They cannot reach us directly when we plug in the Aramex provided phone number.I'm not sure though. But they suspended my ebay.com account which had the aramex address and asked me to call from the phone number registered to get verified and reinstate the account. :(
I really doubt all that, its just another level than giving an office address and phone number. I guess the only reason account was suspended was due to a 0 transaction id doing bids or some crap.

Anyway avoid all the hassles and just use your ebay.in id. I have been using it since 2007 on both ebay.in and ebay.com with no hassles to date. Of course I havent yet tried using aramex yet though.

thenvk said:
May be Ebay thinks it is a loss to Global ebay business? ( I mean we purchase items to aramex address. Else we might go for global ebay)

That indeed is a valid enough reason. Well, atleast from Ebay's point of view. :p

bottle said:
I really doubt all that, its just another level than giving an office address and phone number. I guess the only reason account was suspended was due to a 0 transaction id doing bids or some crap.

Anyway avoid all the hassles and just use your ebay.in id. I have been using it since 2007 on both ebay.in and ebay.com with no hassles to date. Of course I havent yet tried using aramex yet though.

Yes, I've used the ebay.in id on ebay.com a couple of times too, but up until now, I could only bid/purchase for items marked for worldwide shipping if I was using the dot in id. With Aramex plugged in, technically we can purchase anything that ships to US alone. Lets hope everything works fine. Just got 2 more days. :(

Meanwhile, someone please kill D.Subbarao, Pranab Mukherji and Chidambaram for me. :( They are taking india back to the dark age. :\

well i have used my ebay.in ID at ebay.com and co.uk.

1. just add aramex address from 'my ebay' accounts.

2. make it primary

3. then order or bid stuff.

coolraghav said:
well i have used my ebay.in ID at ebay.com and co.uk.

1. just add aramex address from 'my ebay' accounts.
2. make it primary
3. then order or bid stuff.

+ 1 works good i can confirm

am going to buy cellphone from ebay.com and I have added aramex address as primary address and will be paying for the auction tomorrow , I will keep you updated :)

^Lol, I ordered a new Vibrant too. Lets see when and in what condition it reaches here. :p

It is a sealed unit. I just hope they do not open it when it reaches here. :/

Hi Guys, I have an account with ebay since 2005 and in the past i have made purchases from ebay.com but not through aramex. Can you pls explain me how this thing works? Can i buy from seller how ships to USA only or it has to be worldwide? to get it to India...i am located in Navi Mumbai. Pls. explain.

Regards,

Harley

If you the seller is shipping worldwide, then get your items directly to your home address. Otherwise, if the seller is shipping only to USA, then give your aramex address as the shipping address.

Private Ryan said:
^Lol, I ordered a new Vibrant too. Lets see when and in what condition it reaches here. :p

It is a sealed unit. I just hope they do not open it when it reaches here. :/

Please note, they'll definitely open. Its not for just customs but to find banned/dangerous goods also like drugs etc.
but they'll tape it with their watermarked adhesive tape.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

harley02 said:
Hi Guys, I have an account with ebay since 2005 and in the past i have made purchases from ebay.com but not through aramex. Can you pls explain me how this thing works? Can i buy from seller how ships to USA only or it has to be worldwide? to get it to India...i am located in Navi Mumbai. Pls. explain.

Regards,

Harley
They'll teach you, just understand the website.

Shop and Ship

They'll give you UK and US addresses..its like Call Forwarding/Divert.

Thanks tech4pk and coolraghav.

Ok so if its worldwide than the seller will ship directly to my residence address in india right? and what about the customs? and if its through Aramex then the seller will send it to aramex address and aramex will forward it to my residence address in India....but what about customs? does aramex take care of it?

Regards,

Harley

Back