All OS A research on smartphones (inputs requested)

Hi All,

I am doing a study on smartphones as part of my research and hoping to get some inputs from members here.

Its a short 5 min survey with some basic questions , and would really help in conducting my thesis. Below is the link for the same along with QR code which can be scanned via phone:

Smartphone Survey

SV_5arsQ3r6mPBXFvT-qrcode.png

I see a lot of problems in this survey, quite apart from the demo info not being inclusive.

1. The 'what do you think of when you think of 'x'' seems to be a poorly thought out line of questions. e.g. when I think of Samsung, I think of really bad looking phones. But your options include only 'looks' - you would most likely be interpreting that as positive if someone checks that box.
Also, what about people who consider after sales service? What about bloatware and custom ROM availability?

2. Apple and iOS are completely absent?

3. Sources of awareness are dealers, ads, relatives, and friends? What about review videos and sites, manufacturer sites, online forums and social networks?

4. "Will you continue with the same product if the price increases?" - price of what?

5. The options in the importance of factors in purchase decisions section are repeated and not very well differentiated. Also do not capture even half of purchase factors.

Hello Calvin,

Thanks for your response. I think I mentioned Apple in the questionnaire but you have made some fair points. I have mentioned my responses
I see a lot of problems in this survey, quite apart from the demo info not being inclusive.

1. The 'what do you think of when you think of 'x'' seems to be a poorly thought out line of questions. e.g. when I think of Samsung, I think of really bad looking phones. But your options include only 'looks' - you would most likely be interpreting that as positive if someone checks that box.
Also, what about people who consider after sales service? What about bloatware and custom ROM availability? There is an others option to specify additional opinions

2. Apple and iOS are completely absent? Apple is mentioned in question 6

3. Sources of awareness are dealers, ads, relatives, and friends? What about review videos and sites, manufacturer sites, online forums and social networks? thanks for pointing out. updated now

4. "Will you continue with the same product if the price increases?" - price of what? price of the product (e.g iPhone, Oneplus etc)

5. The options in the importance of factors in purchase decisions section are repeated and not very well differentiated. Also do not capture even half of purchase factors. I will have a look, but feel free to highlight.

Thank you all for your inputs. I have the required number of inputs from forum and outside and will try to update the thread with findings soon.

Back