CPU/Mobo ABIT P35-Pro or P35E

k1ller

Disciple
Hi
i need sm help in deciding wether i sud b going for a abit p35e or abit p35-pro mobo

my pc config is :
cpu : q6600 @ 11500
ram : corsair twin2x2048-6400[2x[2x1gb 800mhz] ]=4gb @ 9600
hdd : 500gb WD @ 5500
Graphics crd : Leadtek 8800GTS 640mb
PSu : Corsair hx620

Budget : 85k arnd
purpose of my rig is gaming....pls suggest me a Weather to Go for ABIT p35-pro or Abit p35-e

there is amost a differencial of 5k between the two of the baords but i hvent been able find many drastic differences in the two boards expect for tat 1 has SLI feature [which most probably im not using]

Kindly pls hlp me decide on wether is wrth spending shelling out the extra 5k to the abit p35-pro....n kindly list out the pros and cons or ne other comtemperary boards@same range wich i sud b looking for...

KINdly also pls tll me the aprox rate of abit p35-pro and the abit p35-e

Thanking U

k1ller

Neither board has SLI support. The IP35 Pro has solid state caps, which is a plus point if you're gonna overclock a lot. But then, even the IP35-E overclocks nicely too. Also, I believe the IP35-E has no RAID support. Don't take my word for it though, check out the Abit website for the complete feature list.

get 8800 gtx 768 mb version or wait for 8800 GT 512 65mm

but 8800 gt can beat that card too

get cossair xm2 for 4.9 k and add 5k and get

singl mo abit p35e single pci-express slot

save extra moeny for buying 768 mb verison

Depends on what you want to do, the Pro has the uGuru Chip (OC on the fly, no reboot needed) 2 Nic interfaces (V/s 1 for the E), a CMOS reset external switch, Raid - SPDIF -

90% of the people dont use these features, and the Abit Pro is grossly over priced in India. Unless you really really feel the need for onboard nics, or Raid or want an external cmos reset switch save your money and go for the E

arunhalo said:
get 8800 gtx 768 mb version or wait for 8800 GT 512 65mm
but 8800 gt can beat that card too
get cossair xm2 for 4.9 k and add 5k and get
singl mo abit p35e single pci-express slot

save extra moeny for buying 768 mb verison

the ram that i hve mentioned in my first post is the corsair xms2 n im getting for 4.8k per pair n im buying two such pairs

n about the 768mb its way above my bugdet its @ 31k wich is amost 8k more than my budget :(

and about the 8800gt 512mb --- wen is it due to release ? and even if it releases they r relaunchinging 640mb gts wid 112 shaders right ?? so even if i w8 for its launch wich i predict wud take atleast 2-3 months [correct me if im wrng] sudnt i still b looking @ relaunched 8800gts @112 shader :p

and im not interested in w8ing for a longer time since i hve had these expeirences wen i used to w8 for a thing 2 release n by the time it wud release i wud an intimation tat a newer n btr thing is cming in the next few months :mad: So for me i hve deciede on a policy tat the best time to BUY A PC IS WEN U WANT TO BUY IT :hap2:

just a last query how much performace jump wud the 8800gt 512 mb give over the current 8800gts 640mb??

RiO said:
k1ller, you will be set with the IP35-E... I believe it sells for around 7k. Don't even look further!

Thnks for ur advice RiO i gues i wud b going for buying the P35-e

THnks To all the Guys thE guys Who Hve helped me on this

k1ller

k1ller said:
the ram that i hve mentioned in my first post is the corsair xms2 n im getting for 4.8k per pair n im buying two such pairs

n about the 768mb its way above my bugdet its @ 31k wich is amost 8k more than my budget :(

and about the 8800gt 512mb --- wen is it due to release ? and even if it releases they r relaunchinging 640mb gts wid 112 shaders right ?? so even if i w8 for its launch wich i predict wud take atleast 2-3 months [correct me if im wrng] sudnt i still b looking @ relaunched 8800gts @112 shader :p

and im not interested in w8ing for a longer time since i hve had these expeirences wen i used to w8 for a thing 2 release n by the time it wud release i wud an intimation tat a newer n btr thing is cming in the next few months :mad: So for me i hve deciede on a policy tat the best time to BUY A PC IS WEN U WANT TO BUY IT :hap2:

just a last query how much performace jump wud the 8800gt 512 mb give over the current 8800gts 640mb??

Comment on this PLs

8800GT is slated to launch next month... if you will not be upgrading for another 2 years or so, I'd recommend you wait for until next month and get the reigning VFM card. While there are a lot of speculation about 8800GT performance, it's best to wait until retail cards are benchmarked.

prunthaban said:
ABIT Motherboards are available in India???

I was with Gulbir at Prime a few days back and I asked about the Abit boards and he gave me prices which I felt were high, I asked if there was going to be a drop in the Abit prices and he phoned Tirupathi in Kolkatta to confirm this, I understand that Tirupathi are the importers of Abit into India. Tirupathi are also the importers of the Corsair Ram and Power Supplies. Prime is the retailer for Tirupathi in Mumbai.

k1ller said:

then get that ati pro for u budget :p
dude 8800 gt is better than 640 mb version ;)

Eazy said:
I was with Gulbir at Prime a few days back and I asked about the Abit boards and he gave me prices which I felt were high, I asked if there was going to be a drop in the Abit prices and he phoned Tirupathi in Kolkatta to confirm this, I understand that Tirupathi are the importers of Abit into India. Tirupathi are also the importers of the Corsair Ram and Power Supplies. Prime is the retailer for Tirupathi in Mumbai.

Nice info!
What prices did prime quote for the Abit boards?

sujit801 said:
Nice info!
What prices did prime quote for the Abit boards?

It was 7k+ and 12k+, cannot remember exact price but prices were around those figures. Frankly I was too busy ogling Gulbir's 24" Apple LCD panel to care too much about the Abit MoBo's :)

Back