About Backblaze.com and cloud backup/storage

Pimpom

Disciple
I've never used any kind of cloud backup and storage, not even Google Cloud for my phone (I seldom use mobile phones anyway) and I have a few questions about such services. At least I know the difference between backup and storage.

I'll start with this question: Is anyone using Backblaze for storage? What are their upload and download speeds like?

Bit curious why you haven't tried out Google or other storage options.

What type of data are you looking to store? If they are low priority / encrypted data, you can check out Degoo Cloud, and many others.

Backups are configurations / duplicates of data stored in cloud (or any other device for that matter), where as storage means the same thing it's usually not that well integrated.

Bit curious why you haven't tried out Google or other storage options.
Inertia. And the fact that I haven't lost a single byte of data in nearly 30 years of computing. Of course that doesn't mean that it can't happen, so I'm investigating options. At the moment, I have backups in HDDs and thumb drives.

What type of data are you looking to store? If they are low priority / encrypted data, you can check out Degoo Cloud, and many others.
All kinds of data. Degoo seems to be primarily intended for storing photos.

i think you are looking for long term archival type of storage..
you can checkout AWS Glacier storage, apparently cheap if you don't need data frequently.

note: i dont use any cloud storage as i keep backup in external hdd's. though i keep reading & searching for services ;)

You can test your speeds to backblaze servers here. They seem to have only two locations for testing- US west and EU central. Not sure if it's the same for actual data storage.

Back