Audio About earphones

i recently bought soundmagic pl 50 + fiio e5 amp and Sennheiser HD 485.

both have good sound but i like HD 485 more because of bass and more natural voice.

(well we all know PL 50 does not have a powerful bass, also i tested them with this song "eternal" of Evanescence in which there is a part where there is sound of rain my old earphones(sony EX35LP dead now) sounded almost as if it was raining truly outside but its not true with PL-50 and HD 485 also sound like it is real but the bass is bit more and it suppresses for detail sounds(5-10%). but i like HD 485 more than EX35PL more as they have more bass.(so don't suggest me to buy EX35PL again)

so i was wondering if there was any earphones are there which sounds like the HD 485.

few i have read which have good bass : Fischer Eterna and Nuforce NE-6 and Nuforce NE-7

Eterna costs around 3200rs and Nuforce NE-7 about 2400rs

any suggestions?

Re: About earphones.

Fischer Eterna and Nuforce NE-6 are the best choices for you in this range.

I would suggest to go for Fischer Eterna. They have pretty good bass which you are looking for. Overall these are very musical sounding IEMs which you would enjoy listening to.

You can get eterna from here for 3150 Rs
Fischer Audio Fundamental Series - Eterna ? Lynx - The Audio , Electronics & Computer Online Superstore In India

i don't know the meaning or the usual term like highs, mids soundstage etc, will do some research after exams. so i can't explain what sort of earphone i am looking of i am only say i want one which sound like HD 485(which i think have good bass in comparison to others)
frustrating thing is that i cannot try the earphone before buying and most of people trust others suggestion, again i am gonna trust u guys and have made my mind to buy eterna but after 45-60 days as i just spent 7k on these headphones and earphones(Pl 50 and HD485) and my parent won't allow me to buy another one for atleast 6 months, so i'll start collecting money.

but i am also curious how Nuforce NE-6 sounds and i have about 1500 rs collected(need about 1900) as many guys suggested to buy it and many are buying from buygamingstuff. so should i buy them too? i know they are worth the money so the actual question comes DO I NEED THEM?:p so i guess its my personal decision.

and i'll write comparison of the headphone and earphones i have bought after getting eterna.:)
what do u guys say?

Since you already have the PL-50, the NE-6 won't be an improvement in sound. Ofcourse it has better bass than PL-50, but I don't think its worth to buy another earphone in the same range. Better would be to go for Eterna.

You can also sell the PL-50 and get the NE-6/Eterna.

Dude, it wont match the Sennheisers..

See iem's are all about the fit ans noise isolation whilst with headphones thats never really a problem. i own a sennheiser hd-555 and had a senn cx-500 but recently moved to the klipsch image s4. But the klipsch with all its bass cannot match the headphones.

with my personal experience i can tell you that the two cannot be compared, you will surely feel disappointed at the end... i.e-pl-50 bass is crap, so anyways you can move to better iem's.. i say get the klipsch image s4.. you will thank me the day you get em...

As far as bassy IEMs go, there are 4 popular choices:

1. Fischer Eterna (Popularized by clieOS @ Head-Fi)
  2. Hippo VB (dfkt @ abi)
  3. Klipsch S4 (Head-Fi)
  4. NuForce NE-6 (Head-Fi)

S4 and VB out of this have been described as sibilant and "harsher". Some feel they are good right out of the box, some after burning in for 100 hours, some 500 hours, some - well! never :) That is why I stayed away from them.

I've got Hippo Epic-Sparkle and according to dfkt, their signature is similar to VB except that VB is much more refined and clearer with wider sound stage. I personally found them i.e., HE-S very sibilant and harsh out of the box. After about 60 - 70 hours, they have started settling in. But have not tried them since then. VBs are said to have the best low bass comparable to high end UE11. That's just one opinion - dfkt's. May be if I got too much money to spend, I'll try VBs one day. But, BF1983 did not like them too much, if I remember correctly. So, it's still a toss-up.

Eternas are said to have bass that gives "motion sickness" according to weibby, another head-fier. Among all choices, this one is said to be "musical" - err... that's the word clieOS used in his review ;). I am still waiting patiently to test them with my own ears. But when they are going to be in stock with Amarbir and when am I going to get them is a mystery waiting to be solved :p
@edge111hussain
Seems like you like S4. Are they sibilant?

if by sibilant you mean a constant hissing sound, then no, they aint.. I have a personal experience of em vis a vis soundmagic, sennheiser cx-500's which i own and the shures. in terms of pure SQ, they cannot be matched to a sennheiser ie7 or ie8 or even the shure, those babies are a complietely different class, but as far as the rest go, the s4 stand out.
are they the best around in the price range, i woudnt know but would i be disappointed once i bought em, i doubt it... There is a chance that even the senn cx-500 might disappoint some folks around, but not these babies..

But they are quiet loud.. i mean on an ipod you cant go beyond 70%, after that its ought to hurt the ear.. but thats d same with my sennheiser hd-555's too... so so..

And again, There is no hissing whatsoever....

esanthosh said:
As far as bassy IEMs go, there are 4 popular choices:

1. Fischer Eterna (Popularized by clieOS @ Head-Fi)
  2. Hippo VB (dfkt @ abi)
  3. Klipsch S4 (Head-Fi)
  4. NuForce NE-6 (Head-Fi)

S4 and VB out of this have been described as sibilant and "harsher". Some feel they are good right out of the box, some after burning in for 100 hours, some 500 hours, some - well! never :) That is why I stayed away from them.

I've got Hippo Epic-Sparkle and according to dfkt, their signature is similar to VB except that VB is much more refined and clearer with wider sound stage. I personally found them i.e., HE-S very sibilant and harsh out of the box. After about 60 - 70 hours, they have started settling in. But have not tried them since then. VBs are said to have the best low bass comparable to high end UE11. That's just one opinion - dfkt's. May be if I got too much money to spend, I'll try VBs one day. But, BF1983 did not like them too much, if I remember correctly. So, it's still a toss-up.

Eternas are said to have bass that gives "motion sickness" according to weibby, another head-fier. Among all choices, this one is said to be "musical" - err... that's the word clieOS used in his review ;). I am still waiting patiently to test them with my own ears. But when they are going to be in stock with Amarbir and when am I going to get them is a mystery waiting to be solved :p
@edge111hussain
Seems like you like S4. Are they sibilant?

^ Hissing is different from sibilance.

Klipsch S4 would have been a great choice for OP, but he doesn't have that budget. ;)

edge111hussain said:
what is sibilance??

s4 for 3.5k @ mumbai

It's the dragging on of the "S" sound. It could be a a bad recording/compression that causes it which means any headphone will reproduce it. It could also be caused by a mismatch in the equipment used, current issues or inferior connections,interconnects etc.

edge111hussain said:
Dude, it wont match the Sennheisers..
See iem's are all about the fit ans noise isolation whilst with headphones thats never really a problem. i own a sennheiser hd-555 and had a senn cx-500 but recently moved to the klipsch image s4. But the klipsch with all its bass cannot match the headphones.

with my personal experience i can tell you that the two cannot be compared, you will surely feel disappointed at the end... i.e-pl-50 bass is crap, so anyways you can move to better iem's.. i say get the klipsch image s4.. you will thank me the day you get em...

+1 for S4....Got them recently and loving them.

edge111hussain said:
what is sibilance??

s4 for 3.5k @ mumbai

Where? :O
I thought it was more like 4k.

Sibilance is exaggerated sound of 's'. Makes it sound more like 'sh'.

viralbug said:
Where? :O
I thought it was more like 4k.

Sibilance is exaggerated sound of 's'. Makes it sound more like 'sh'.
@ lamington road or any store.. The prices here on TE are much much higher than what u get out there in the mkt for certain products. The distributor himself pointed me out to a shop and i simply went and picked em up..

Btw i spoke to 3 stores in south mumbai itself and non of them quoted me 4k. the lowest was 3.5k and the highest was 3.85k.

i.e---the prices of sennheiser too are pretty cheaper out in the market or even @ stores in chennai.

Back