About Thermaltake Mercury 3 and other cheap coolers

Pimpom

Disciple
My son told me that the CPU fan in one of his office computers has become rather loud. I don't have details about the computer but it's probably an entry level Intel machine. This led me to wondering what cheap after market coolers are like.

The cheapest cooler I could find online is the Thermaltake Mercury 3 for around 450/-. For that class of products I wasn't surprised when I couldn't find a review. Then there are the CM I70 and Deepcool Gamma Archer which cost a bit more but are still very cheap. Does anyone know about these coolers in terms of noise and cooling power?

My son told me that the CPU fan in one of his office computers has become rather loud. I don't have details about the computer but it's probably an entry level Intel machine. This led me to wondering what cheap after market coolers are like.

The cheapest cooler I could find online is the Thermaltake Mercury 3 for around 450/-. For that class of products I wasn't surprised when I couldn't find a review. Then there are the CM I70 and Deepcool Gamma Archer which cost a bit more but are still very cheap. Does anyone know about these coolers in terms of noise and cooling power?
Can you please tell me if this fan is PWM? I am curious to know if it has 4 wires wich indicates a PWM fan or 3 wires?

Can you please tell me if this fan is PWM? I am curious to know if it has 4 wires which indicates a PWM fan or 3 wires?

Last edited:
I don't have the cooler with me and can only tell you what the images show. The Thermaltake Mercury 3 seems to have a 3-wire connector.

Back