AC outdoor unit making loud vibrating noise, wat to do ?

anirudh

Adept
hi,

I have a bluestar 1.5 ton ac and its outdoor unit making loud vibrating noise which is making me unable to sleep properly at night. I told this to service guys they said its rotary compressor it will happen. Plz someone help me.

Is it properly mounted? If you have it mounted on brackets, ensure that there are neoprene standoffs between the unit and the bracket. This helps reduce the vibrations to a larger extent.

If it is simply mounted on top of a flat surface, keep some isoprene padding between the unit and the surface.

Did the service guy check the compressor before saying so ?

If yes, then you might need to displace the compressor away from where you sleep.

If no, ask him to come & check.

My home's AC compressor (Voltas, 1.5 ton) makes a good amount of noise but since it is mounted on the rooftop, we don't get disturbed by it.

Gannu said:
Is it properly mounted? If you have it mounted on brackets, ensure that there are neoprene standoffs between the unit and the bracket. This helps reduce the vibrations to a larger extent.

If it is simply mounted on top of a flat surface, keep some isoprene padding between the unit and the surface.

+1....Mounting woes are quite common ...

hi,

I have a bluestar 1.5 ton ac and its outdoor unit making loud vibrating noise which is making me unable to sleep properly at night. I told this to service guys they said its rotary compressor it will happen. Plz someone help me.
Same condition happening with me dude if you problem solve so please help me

ODUs typically make sound because of loose or damaged mounting hardware. There are few possible points of failure. The ODU mount on stands, the compressor mount inside the chassis, and the fan. Sometimes even a misaligned or broken/damaged fan can make a lot of noise. My suggestion would be to get the unit inspected and serviced/repaired as required.

Back