AC with heat pump?

Yeah, I'll go tomorrow and see what i can find locally. Looks like Daikin service is outsourced and I don't expect it to be good. Will go for LG if i can find it.
If this is your first time buying an AC an offline store might be better in case of future service issues. With online you will be dealing directly with the vendors customer service. How good that is varies where you live.

Ask people you know locally what brand gives the best service. Look at the external units in your own building or nearby and see if you can identify the brand and whether certain brands are more common. Keep in mind price will play a role here and can muddy the picture.

Take your time. People seem to always be in a rush to buy an appliance they will have for a decade or more.

For real though, I have a Mitsubishi unit in my study and there are times when I wish I could sleep there rather than the bedroom. Worth the premium.
heck yeah, we have a Daikin at our office (was even more expensive than the mitsu) and its nowhere near Mitsubushi, we have used most brands and for us Mitsu has been the best

What makes Mitsubishi so good and others not as much
This is from my experience so not sure how well it would translate for others.
1. Service Quality in my area is top notch, I know this will wildly differ for each person but this is my one of my biggest pros for Mitsu, We have had our Daikin/Samsungs serviced quite a lot and there were always some little issues that used to pop up and for our Daikin, we needed to get its external fan assembly fixed once and after that cooling was never upto par than what we had before.

2. Heating, we have had a couple of Cool/Heat ACs and Mitsu definitely has the better heating, the room heats up quite fast and the air does not smell acrid at all (the biggest pro for me), my parents used it all winter long and there were never any issues with it, We also have a Daikin in our home and compared to Mitsu, the heating falls way short of the goal. you really need to increase temps for Daikin to heat the room properly whereas with Mitsu, a cool 26-27C sufficed to make the room hotter.

3. Cooling, both Daikin and Mitsu are on par for us but Daikin's cooling really went down the drain after the aforementioned service, and Mitsu beats it hands down now. We bought both models in roughly equal time frames (I think we got the Mitsu after 4 months) so it should be a fair comparison in regards for longetivity.

4. Noise, Mitsu is quiet af in normal usage, We have had a couple of Hitachi/Samsungs (non-heating, vanilla ones) before and the noise levels used to be almost on par with Window units specially if it was really hot outside, in comparison both Daikin and Mitsu have lower noise levels.

These are pretty much it for me, We have used other brands before but Daikin/Mitsu have been better for us but comparatively they are also really expensive compared to a decent Samsung/Hitachi etc

P.S. It's been a while since we bought any new ACs except for a Mitsu which we got for our cousin's family and they have been just as satisfied with it as we, so take my review with a grain of salt

What makes Mitsubishi so good and others not as much
From a layman's perspective, it's dead silent, cools marvelously well, and is energy efficient to boot. Longevity seems to be the cherry atop the pie. Customer service in my experience was solid as well. Seems to be the brand to get if cost is no bar.
This is from my experience so not sure how well it would translate for others.
1. Service Quality in my area is top notch, I know this will wildly differ for each person but this is my one of my biggest pros for Mitsu, We have had our Daikin/Samsungs serviced quite a lot and there were always some little issues that used to pop up and for our Daikin, we needed to get its external fan assembly fixed once and after that cooling was never upto par than what we had before.

2. Heating, we have had a couple of Cool/Heat ACs and Mitsu definitely has the better heating, the room heats up quite fast and the air does not smell acrid at all (the biggest pro for me), my parents used it all winter long and there were never any issues with it, We also have a Daikin in our home and compared to Mitsu, the heating falls way short of the goal. you really need to increase temps for Daikin to heat the room properly whereas with Mitsu, a cool 26-27C sufficed to make the room hotter.

3. Cooling, both Daikin and Mitsu are on par for us but Daikin's cooling really went down the drain after the aforementioned service, and Mitsu beats it hands down now. We bought both models in roughly equal time frames (I think we got the Mitsu after 4 months) so it should be a fair comparison in regards for longetivity.

4. Noise, Mitsu is quiet af in normal usage, We have had a couple of Hitachi/Samsungs (non-heating, vanilla ones) before and the noise levels used to be almost on par with Window units specially if it was really hot outside, in comparison both Daikin and Mitsu have lower noise levels.

These are pretty much it for me, We have used other brands before but Daikin/Mitsu have been better for us but comparatively they are also really expensive compared to a decent Samsung/Hitachi etc

P.S. It's been a while since we bought any new ACs except for a Mitsu which we got for our cousin's family and they have been just as satisfied with it as we, so take my review with a grain of salt
Exactly my experience!

Curious no LG in your experience?
The mrp prices are certainly higher than LG say. Likely explains the glowing review. Better designed and likely longer lasting.

Provided service is available. Where are you based btw?

How much discount is possible?

Curious no LG in your experience?
Apparently, LG service really sucks in my area, a few of my Father's friends got burned really hard by LG so we have never tried it.
Provided service is available. Where are you based btw?
I'm in UP, that's all I am willing to say to avoid doxxing myself.
How much discount is possible?
Sorry, cant help you there, My father bought them locally, the dealership owner is a family friend so I have no idea what was the actual price, but the ballpark figures that I know corresponds with the prices in the link you mentioned, so discount wont be much if any

You get what you pay for. Those mrp prices are easily 50% more than the Koreans. I don't know to what extent import duty comes into it but there is definitely quality here.

They don't list on amazon for some reason.

You get what you pay for. Those mrp prices are easily 50% more than the Koreans. I don't know to what extent import duty comes into it but there is definitely quality here.

They don't list on amazon for some reason.
I'm willing to wager that the dealer price is a good bit lower than the MRP.

So what price can you get the Mitsubishi units for @Faraz ?
I went to Croma, Reliance digital and a well known local electronics store and none of them had mitsubishi in stock. I do see a 2.1 ton Mitsubishi listed on Croma's website for 1.15L.
If this is your first time buying an AC an offline store might be better in case of future service issues. With online you will be dealing directly with the vendors customer service. How good that is varies where you live.

Ask people you know locally what brand gives the best service. Look at the external units in your own building or nearby and see if you can identify the brand and whether certain brands are more common. Keep in mind price will play a role here and can muddy the picture.

Take your time. People seem to always be in a rush to buy an appliance they will have for a decade or more.
I see mostly Bluestar and LG's ACs around me. Both have slow service, but no one I asked has had a bad experience with them. Croma's sales rep was recommending Daiken, and said that in case I have any issues then I should contact Croma and they will coordinate with Daiken's support to get me the best service experience. No sure if there is any truth to that.

Last edited:
I went to Croma, Reliance digital and a well known local electronics store and none of them had mitsubishi in stock. I do see a 2.1 ton Mitsubishi listed on Croma's website for 1.15L.
You must be looking at a different model. The one with the heat pump is a 2 ton and has a lower mrp.
I see mostly Bluestar and LG's ACs around me. Both have slow service, but no one I asked has had a bad experience with them.
So LG has service in your area.

What does 'slow' service mean?
Croma's sales rep was recommending Daiken, and said that in case I have any issues then I should contact Croma and they will coordinate with Daiken's support to get me the best service experience. No sure if there is any truth to that.
Wonder why he's pushing the Daikin. Maybe he gets more commission.

Daikin's price is comparable to the LG. What does he think of LG?

Quality wise they should be similar. Only difference being service availability.

You must be looking at a different model. The one with the heat pump is a 2 ton and has a lower mrp.
Yes. But that's the only one that is listed on Croma.
What does 'slow' service mean?
They take a while to respond to service calls, sometimes it takes more than a week. In my previous job, we had an issue with the AC and a technician was sent within a few hours. I cannot recall the brand of that AC unit.
Wonder why he's pushing the Daikin. Maybe he gets more commission.
That's probably it.

Daikin's price is comparable to the LG. What does he think of LG?
He barely talked about LG. LG's ACs were also not in stock at his store.

Quality wise they should be similar. Only difference being service availability.
I am considering LG since Daikin has outsourced its service to third-party centers. I have only had bad experiences with such centers in the past.

Yes. But that's the only one that is listed on Croma.
Unless you can find a mitsubishi dealer locally this option is out.
They take a while to respond to service calls, sometimes it takes more than a week. In my previous job, we had an issue with the AC and a technician was sent within a few hours. I cannot recall the brand of that AC unit.
More than a week to attend an AC service call? It means they are understaffed in your city.

How are you to survive that long without an AC.
He barely talked about LG. LG's ACs were also not in stock at his store.
That is odd for a chroma store.
I am considering LG since Daikin has outsourced its service to third-party centers. I have only had bad experiences with such centers in the past.
Check whether that is the case for LG as well. This might be why it takes so long to get service. Unless there is some service contract all other calls are handled at low priority.

That is odd for a chroma store.
I meant LG ACs with a heat pump They had the normal ones in stock.

Check whether that is the case for LG as well. This might be why it takes so long to get service. Unless there is some service contract all other calls are handled at low priority.

LG has their service centers here so the service should be better than Daikin. Also, my mom loves LG so she will be happy too

Back