Access DB Help - Is this possible ?

I don't know if this is possible or not, but if this can be done it takes care of a lot of manual work.

Have tried to explain best in the img below, if anyone here can help on the how-to or any other possible method, it will be most helpful.

The db is of a small time user community we have hosted on the web running on an access db. The problem occurs when a large amt of people come out of the blue and then they start signing up for different access levels. We have locked the sections and give access based on what the user has signed up for. It involves a lot of lag time and manual work :no:

any solution would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Of-course possible. Just connect both the tables setting Member_ID as foreign key. I think I'm not wrong. But one more think to automate this task you'll need one table more. Which defines Access_Code and Member_Group. Now fill up the table according to what you wrote in image as "Want to implement". Now connect all the tables. It should get automated.

You would just need an inner join on the member_details table and access_group table. It would return the access levels possible for the user logged in. What happens after this..? So if some has access levels 001A, then what..?

^ based on the access code the user gets the value populated in the Access_Group table , so if the user gets the access level 001A then the user becomes a member of the group Member_Group = 3, based on which the user gets access to the group no. 3 automatically.

P.S: so now known that this can be done, could anyone redirect me to an article on the web or something for the actual coding i would need ...

thetechmind said:
based on which the user gets access to the group no. 3 automatically.

Populating the group code will be easy. After that, what you mean "gets access to". Will data populate on the form pertinent to group #3 only, since the user is bound to that access code..?

Else PM me your chat ID..? Can discuss..?

Its something like this ---->
In general --->

Lets say there are 4 access groups. A, B, C, D

Unique Group identifier code = 1,2,3,4

so A=1, B=2, C=3, D=4.

Now user registers.....and gets a Unique Grp Identifier attached to his registration details.

Based on that the other table pulls the data from the registration table.

Based on which the user gets access to the group.

Coming back to group....

group A ---> has access to ----> topic 1, 2, 3, 4

group B ---> has access to ----> topic 5,6, 7, 8

group C ---> has access to ----> topic 9, 1, 3, 5

group D ---> has access to ----> topic 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

the above group permissions are set by default.

more or less how group permissions work...

Update : I have the initial part taken care of, now what happens is when the user registers, a hard coded code goes along with the registration , into the Member_Details table.

Now how and where do I make the logic and replicate / update / insert value to the other table :(

Back