acer 5740-just awesome!!!!

amit200690

Recruit
guys just purchased the acer 5740
i5 + ati5650 (1gb) for RS 44700
it was very difficult for me to find one but eventually i found one at the JUMBO outlet in pacific mall ghaziabad.
the laptop is great ,super fast ,havnt tried any games yet though.
the laptop looks way decent then wht some guys describe it to be...
the buttons r not so comfortable though.
havnt found any good use of the multi gesture touch pad yet but its smooth and responsive.
keyboard is ok.infact better than my expectations..
the laptop remains cool most of the time...the vents r well placed and do their work pretty well.
overall great performance for the price.
guys incase u r searchin for this laptop in ur cities better to check the jumbo outlets they have it most of the time and they would book one for a 1000 bugs.
thanx bennick12. didnt think this lappy was launched in india till i came across ur thread.

photos will be uploaded soon.
i am busy settin up my system but i will give u the benchmark results soon.:hap2:

roadrippersid said:
awesome config any idea on the price to come less..

well as of now there r very few laptops offerin i5 processors
hence i cant see why the price shd decrease.
moreover models having the ati 5650 gcs will be available in very short nums cause there is a rumoured less availability of the 5650.
this may actually cause the price to go up:no:

amit200690 said:
well as of now there r very few laptops offerin i5 processors
hence i cant see why the price shd decrease.
moreover models having the ati 5650 gcs will be available in very short nums cause there is a rumoured less availability of the 5650.
this may actually cause the price to go up:no:

i need to buy this for my sis but dad said to delay by 2 months:(:(

Gowt1ham said:
PHAIL thread.

Plz dont post without pics.

True that. Showoff without any pics is an epic phail.

@OP; you better post pics or just do some copy paste work from other thread in showoff, bennick12 also have same lappy, so do some copy paste work :eek:hyeah: (Disclaimer: Its a joke )

Hi,

I tried two Jumbo outlets in Pacific mall, Gaziabad and Ambience mall, Gurgaon. They have different models of Acer Aspire 5740G, but none of them match my requirements.

I am looking for the one with Blu Ray combo optical drive and 500GB 7200rpm HDD at least.

Can anyone give me some pointers to find such configuration?

Back