Acer Aspire 5740 in da house

I tried to look on the indian acer website but could not find 5740 and for some reason I could not connect to the US website. Anyway for all those who are interested, here are the specs in detail:-

Operating System

* Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium

Processor

Intel® Core™ i5-520M Processor
(3MB L2 cache, 2.40GHz)
or
Intel® Core™ i5-430M Processor
(3MB L2 cache, 2.26GHz)
or
Intel® Core™ i3-330M Processor
(3MB L2 cache, 2.13GHz)

Chipset

* Mobile Intel® HM55 Express

Memory

* Up to 4GB (2GB installed in each of two memory slots) DDR3 1066 SDRAM

User upgradeable up to 8GB (one 4GB memory card in each slot)* subject to availability of 4GB cards

*If upgrading after initial purchase, one or more of the memory cards provided with the system may have to be replaced with optional larger memory cards in order to achieve the maximum capacity.

Storage

* Up to 500GB* SATA hard drive

Integrated variable-speed Super-Multi drive:
-Read – 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL, 6X DVD-R DL, 6X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
-Write – 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL, 4X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
or
Integrated variable-speed Blu-ray Discâ„¢ drive / Super-Multi drive combo
-Read – 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL, 6X DVD-R DL, 6X DVD+R DL, 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X BD-ROM, 4X BD-R, 2X BD-RE, 4X BD-ROM DL, 4X BD-R DL, 2X BD-RE DL
-Write – 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X DVD+R DL, 4X DVD-R DL

5-in-1 card reader for optional MultiMediaCard™, Secure Digital card, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO™ or xD-Picture Card™

Optional external USB 1.44MB* diskette drive

*When referring to storage capacity, GB stands for one billion bytes and MB stands for one million bytes. Some utilities may indicate varying storage capacities. Total user-accessible capacity may vary depending on operating environments.

Video

* Acer® CineCrystal full HD 15.6" WXGA (1366 x 768) high-brightness (220 nit) TFT display

8ms high-definition response time

16:9 aspect ratio

60% color gamut

Integrated Intel® HD Graphics
or
Discrete ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5650 graphics
or
Discrete ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5470 graphics

Acer® Video Conference with integrated Acer® Crystal Eye webcam supporting Acer® PrimaLite technology, which consists of a premium sensor, firmware and lenses to provide superior video performance under low-light conditions

MPEG-2 DVD, WMV9/VC-1 (Windows® Media Video 9, VC-1 standard), H.264/AVC decoding

Microsoft® DirectX® 10.0 support

VGA and HDMIâ„¢ (High-Definition Multimedia Interfaceâ„¢) with HDCP (high-bandwidth digital-content protection) support ports

Support for simultaneous display on notebook LCD and external monitor

Audio

* Integrated microphone

Dolby®-optimized surround-sound system with two integrated stereo speakers

Optimized third-generation Dolby® Home Theater audio enhancement

True 5.1-channel surround-sound output

Headphones/speaker/line-out with SPDIF support, microphone and line-in ports

Microsoft® DirectSound® compatibility

Interface Ports

* DC-in
RJ-11 modem
RJ-45 LAN
VGA
Headphones/speaker/line-out with SPDIF support
Microphone
Line-in
HDMIâ„¢ (High-Definition Multimedia Interfaceâ„¢) with HDCP (high-bandwidth digital-content protection) support
Four USB 2.0

Card Slot

* 5-in-1 card reader for optional MultiMediaCard™, Secure Digital card, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO™ or xD-Picture Card™

Communications

* 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN, Acer® SignalUp technology for enhanced antenna efficiency, WI-FI CERTIFIED™:
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000
or
- AS5740-6378 only: Acer® InviLink Nplify

Gigabit LAN, Wake-on-LAN ready

V.92 56Kbps* data/fax modem, PTT (postal, telegraph, telephone) certified in select countries, Wake-on-Ring ready

Acer® Video Conference with integrated Acer® Crystal Eye webcam supporting Acer® PrimaLite technology, which consists of a premium sensor, firmware and lenses to provide superior video performance under low-light conditions

*Download speeds are limited to 53Kbps. Actual speeds may vary depending on line conditions. Uploads travel at speeds up to 33.6Kbps. Requires compatible digital sources.

Included Software

* Acer® Crystal Eye
Acer® eRecovery Managment
Acer® GridVista
Acer® Launch Manager
Adobe® Flash® Player
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader
eSobiâ„¢
Googleâ„¢ Toolbar
McAfee® Internet Security Suite (trial version)
Microsoft® Works 9.0 (full version)
Microsoft® Office Home & Student 2007 (60-day trial)
MyWinLocker®
Nortonâ„¢ Online Backup
NTI Media Makerâ„¢*

*OEM, not full-featured, version.

User Interface

* 103-key keyboard, inverted T cursor layout, independent standard numeric keypad, hotkey controls, international language support, 1.8mm minimum key travel

11 function, four cursor, two Microsoft® Windows® keys

Acer® Backup, WLAN, touchpad lock, volume up/down easy-launch buttons

Multi-gesture touchpad supporting two-finger scroll, pinch, rotate, flip

Play/pause, stop, previous, next media keys printed on keyboard

Dimensions & Weight

* 15.1" (383.0mm) W x 9.8" (250.0mm) D x 1.0" – 1.5†(26.0mm – 37.0mm) H

6.2 lb. (2.8kg)

Size and weight may vary depending on configuration

Power

* 65-watt AC adapter

Six-cell lithium ion battery: up to 4.0 hours life depending on configuration and usage; 2.5 hours recharge time with power off, 3.5 hours with power on

Compliance

* ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) 3.0
Energy Star®
Wi-Fi CERTIFIEDâ„¢

Security Features

* User, administrator and hard drive BIOS passwords
Kensington® lock slot

Limited Warranty*

* One- or two-year parts and labor limited warranty* with concurrent International Traveler’s Warranty**

*For a free copy of the standard limited warranty end-users should see a reseller where Acer products are sold or write to Acer America Corporation, Warranty Department, P.O. Box 6137, Temple, TX 76503. TFT displays commonly exhibit a small number of discolored dots, so-called “nonconforming pixels.†This phenomenon is a limitation of TFT LCD technology, not a product defect and, as such, is not covered by the limited warranty or by the upgrade programs.

**Valid only in countries where Acer has an authorized repair facility. For a list of those countries go to Acer Service & Support. or call 800-816-2237. Services and response times may vary in countries outside the U.S. and Canada.

Hi,

How can we order this system in India? I think the configuration depends only on the availability in the outlets. Can we ask them to upgrade the HDD or Optical drive or something?

Update: I just talked to the representative of Jumbo Electronics. They offer only one configuration with i5 520M, ATI 5470, HDD 500GB 5400rpm and DVD RW drive. I need to upgrade HDD and optical drive at least, but it is not possible here. He suggested me to go for Dell instead.

hello , i have bought the same model as yours , but ,

have you noticed that sometimes your screen shows red/green for a second and becomes right .
like playing games the red/green flashes for less than a second and becomes right or have you seen anything like this , see the link image .

http://i48.tinypic.com/2me1wzt.jpg

rajeshjsl said:
hello , i have bought the same model as yours , but ,

have you noticed that sometimes your screen shows red/green for a second and becomes right .
like playing games the red/green flashes for less than a second and becomes right or have you seen anything like this , see the link image .

http://i48.tinypic.com/2me1wzt.jpg

If that happens to you backup your data and give the laptop for replacement as its a bad GPU.

cool notebook. planning one for myself too. can anyone tell me where can i get it in Delhi-?

here's the link for ebay

the i3 one costs 39,500/- in Delhi but has 512MB ATi Radeon 5450 card and 320 GB HDD.

The guys at Acer Mall(Delhi) say there is no config with i5 processor...help me guys else will have to get it from ebay.

Back