Acer Predator Helios 300 Charger Keeps Disconnecting ?

May be issue with either powecord or connector ping , or it can be charging cable capacitor i advice if in warrant take it to service center , acessories have 6month warranty i guess

Finally after tons of googling , changing the dc jack , changing the battery , and also lots of post on Acer support forum , realized , i am not the only one facing the issue , how ever there was one clue to the mystery , if its a hardware issue , then the problem would have remained when the laptop is turned of , also tried a Foxin adapter , suprisingly i Repaired the original adapter , the Acer charger , which had an output of 19.1 Volt and 7.1 Amps dc , the fault lies in the Amperage part of the charger , all other chargers that i tried had same output voltage , but the output amperage is 3.5 Amps max , so the issue of disconnection and reconnection happend as the other chargers were not providing enough Amperage , i test with a bench power supply , keeping the voltage at 19.1 Volts i started to increase the Amperage at 0.1 Amps interval ...and its a magic that at exactly 7.1 Amps output of the bench supply , the problem was fixed , so it has to some senser in the Motherboard that was sensing the voltage and current , whenever the exact Amperage requirement was met , it triggered an all ok state and the problem was solved , checked on various forums , many users are facing the same problem , just wish i could cascade this solution , all of there problems could have been fixed ..................

Back