Acer S231HL LED backlit LCD monitor

Bandu

Disciple
Finally.... took the HD plunge with Acer S231HL LED backlit LCD.

Visited Prime abgb on Saturday. Took DPT on a USB stick for testing. Tested one piece. Found it perfect w.r.t. BB, but had a slight spot or stuck pixel in the middle. They gladly brought over another piece and this one seemed fine to me. Took it. But later, as you can see in the last image, the top and bottom edges seem to be bleeding a bit. I can live with it. Otherwise, the display is superb. Am impressed with it. Took a day off from office to enjoy the HD awesomeness :p

The crappy pics ain't doing any justice though.

Bandu said:
10.1K INR from Prime abgb at Lamington road.

thanks for the update, can you post some games benchmarks..first details of your config and then the scores at your native resolution..especially GTA4, CoD MW2, FIFA11 etc..

thegame said:
thanks for the update, can you post some games benchmarks..first details of your config and then the scores at your native resolution..especially GTA4, CoD MW2, FIFA11 etc..
Sorry mate. I don't play games. This monitor is just connected as an extended display to my Thinkpad R400 and I plan to connect it to my Mvix HD media player for movies.

Edit: Member v.na5h has the same monitor. Maybe he uses it for gaming. PM him to review this monitor for gaming.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Desecrator said:
Congrats! :D
.Thanks. :)

Check these videos

Acer S231HL 23in LED-Backlit monitor Demo - Part 1

Acer S231HL 23in LED-Backlit monitor Demo - Part 2

Acer S231HL 23in LED-Backlit monitor Demo - Part 3

Will be posting other 2 parts on sunday morning (im on bsnl home 500)

Sorry for the crappy video quality (taken from my nokia 5230)

Bandu said:
Sorry mate. I don't play games. This monitor is just connected as an extended display to my Thinkpad R400 and I plan to connect it to my Mvix HD media player for movies.

Edit: Member v.na5h has the same monitor. Maybe he uses it for gaming. PM him to review this monitor for gaming.

Thanks for the info and happy movie watching:)

Back