ACT internet review - 6 months. (Its Great )

ACT silver promo plan 6 months ago. Rs. 5350 for 6 months + 1 month free . 100mbps 500GB/month. monthly is 750+tax = 840

Connection speed:
Simply fantastic. Never noticed any speed drop. multiple users streaming downloading content. no issues.
Ping: Am terrible FPS and No one to player online with except anonymous chess :( So can't comment on ping . nephew did play fortnite without complaint though. Will test it later.
Jitter: online test show no jitter issues (0ms / 1ms)

Outages:
4 times in 6 months. 2 times the problem was in the whole area, once it got solved own its own in 15 minutes. Last time it got solved after 4-5 business hours.
Great thing - in the all cases had to call once. Got accurate information about when it will get solved and it did around that time.

Issues:
-Installation took 14 days and did not get any information abt when it will get installed. Didn't get response on email. I got pretty worried about how the service would be.
- First time had problem communicating when net went down. Call center number had a major persistent error, it simply wasn't working for like a month. OTP for online chat had a huge delay etc. email didn't give response. I was really worried here. sent mails to the nodal office. They did reply. Communication has since been super smooth since then.

Data:
500GB is great for me. Do download and stream and seed. Have not used more than 350GB.
Extra data costs are fair . 100GB for 600, with 3 month validity! 3 months validity. Very unlike airtel who are stingy! kanjoos data choos.

Edit:

Additional Box Requirement:
ACT required a box to be installed. Box provides 8-10 homes connection. Needed a power connection for it and a place. They will give Rs.100/month to whoever(me) provides power for box . Turns out to be a non issue. Box is hangs outside on the wall. Takes immeasurable amt of electricity.

TLDR: Super satisfied. Kick ass connection. Installation took time, but early service issues got solved. Problems are rare. Accurate info about fixing problems.

Last edited:
Make sure you ask for wavier , If you face downtime for more than 15hrs out of 720hrs in a month, You're eligible for a waiver for the downtime days.

I was searching for a negative ACT feedback thread but I couldn't find any so I'm using this.

If anyone has any serious problem with ACT (or other BB provider in general) especially with regard to payment, and if you are on Twitter then tag the Department of Telecommunication here https://twitter.com/DoT_India
Someone I know was screwed over by ACT with regard to the billing and he didn't get any satisfactory answer. However everything changed after he tagged DoT in his post and the issue was quickly resolved. It was actually unbelievable.

I hope the good service continues. ISP headache is a nightmarish experience which I absolutely do not want to go through. The only thing they want from you is for you to pay your bills on time. And its worse in t2/t3 towns where we don't get many ISP options to choose from. :(

However everything changed after he tagged DoT in his post and the issue was quickly resolved. It was actually unbelievable
This + RBI ombudsman for banking/financial stuff is God sent. Just file a complaint and watch how the previously unsolvable issues get resolved in few hours.

I used ACT for like 6months when I was in Bangalore, never really had any issues. Whenever I register a complaint from the app I get a call back from the local cable guy in few hours and they usually fix it as soon as possible.

I have been using ACT since 2010 one of the most reliable service hands down very rare chance of any outage.Also the customer support is very responsive as well.

I started using from 2014 only has issues during rainy seasons but every time there is some problem everything just gets fixed in matter of hrs.

There was one time during initial stage internet was down for longtime there was this switch at my place too used to tell them will disconnect them all connections if they won’t fix my internet .

But as of now I don’t have any issues with this ISP.

I have ACT connection in Bangalore. Service is OK with one recurring issue. Switch is located in another house nearby. There is no UPS backup for the switch but it has a internal battery backup. Every 6 months or so I notice that the internet goes off during a power outage. They replace the battery within few days on raising a ticket.

Back