Android Ad free email clients

If you are keen to take the free/open software route you may consider FairEmail and K9 Mail.

Have used K9 Mail for a fairly long time in the past and recently switched to FairEmail. Bear in mind that if you are looking to sync your Gmail account, both these programs require a setup with app-specific passwords, since they do not support Google's own OAUTH sign-in mechanism. While this is still fairly straightforward, you'll need to contend with Google making the initial setup a bit cumbersome with their "less secure app" warnings.

FairEmail has a far more refined UI, but I personally found K9 a lot more configurable (and for some reason, slightly less intrusive) and may go back to it soon.

There's Spark, but I don't have any personal experience with it.
Biggest limitation of Spike is that it does not let you copy the selected contents of a mail. Say you have a two page mail and you only need to copy one para it won't let you do it. You can only copy the whole mail.
Second it shows some mails just like text message conversations and not like mails. I checked every setting and unfortunately there is no way to correct this.

Already using Spark, needed some alternatives.
If you are keen to take the free/open software route you may consider FairEmail and K9 Mail.

Have used K9 Mail for a fairly long time in the past and recently switched to FairEmail. Bear in mind that if you are looking to sync your Gmail account, both these programs require a setup with app-specific passwords, since they do not support Google's own OAUTH sign-in mechanism. While this is still fairly straightforward, you'll need to contend with Google making the initial setup a bit cumbersome with their "less secure app" warnings.

FairEmail has a far more refined UI, but I personally found K9 a lot more configurable (and for some reason, slightly less intrusive) and may go back to it soon.
Tried K9 Mail long time back, found it's UI to be weird.
Tried FairMail after @Titokhan suggested it. Google just didn't let me log in there citing critical warning, even after f I entered the otp sent on the phone.

... Tried FairMail after @Titokhan suggested it. Google just didn't let me log in there citing critical warning, even after f I entered the otp sent on the phone.
If you haven't already, have you made sure you enabled 2FA and an app-specific password for your Google account? Google tries to make it harder it should be, but I think you can find a lot of instructions/troubleshooting tips online.

Back