Disciple
Current specs:
  1. Ryzen 5 3600
  2. Gigabyte B450M DS3H
  3. Galax GTX 970 Black EXOC
  4. Adata XPG Gammix D30 2 x 8 Gb @3200 MHz
  5. Corsair CX 550 PSU
  6. BenQ EW277HDR 27" FHD monitor

I'm looking to upgrade my GPU and monitor, along with any other components that might need to be upgraded to keep pace (Mobo or PSU), within a budget of 46-48K. Would love you guys' advice on this, and also if I should consider waiting for the next gen GPU launch or if I should just buy the best used GPU I can find right now. Thanks

Edit: Targeting 1440p medium-high settings if possible. Mostly play single-player/sight-seeing open world games like Tomb Raider, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Days Gone etc, and am currently trying my hand at Blender too, though that's just a hobby and low priority with regards to the upgrade.

Last edited:
Your budget is not sufficient for your requirements. 1440p 144Hz 27" monitor will cost you around 25k, leaving you with ~23k for the GPU. For 1440p gaming, you will want a 2080 or 3070, both of which won't come below 40k even of buying used.
Will going with a 1440p 60Hz monitor improve my odds, or is it just not worth it with regards to future proofing? Or if 1440p is unachievable, should I just target 1080p and a higher refresh rate right now?

I guess you'll have a to just split the upgrade, buy monitor now and GPU later or the other way round.

If 1080p looks fine on your current monitor, then you can just stay with it for a few more months and upgrade your GPU now. If not, then you can upgrade the monitor now, then buy the GPU a few months later.

A 3060/2070 might be able to do 1440 60 FPS on most games (not future proof though). There are a couple of 2070 on sale in the market section, you can look at those.

I guess you'll have a to just split the upgrade, buy monitor now and GPU later or the other way round.

If 1080p looks fine on your current monitor, then you can just stay with it for a few more months and upgrade your GPU now. If not, then you can upgrade the monitor now, then buy the GPU a few months later.

A 3060/2070 might be able to do 1440 60 FPS on most games (not future proof though). There are a couple of 2070 on sale in the market section, you can look at those.
Okay guess I'll be targeting just the GPU upgrade for now because my current monitor looks fine at 1080p. Would you recommend waiting for the next gen launch so current and former gen card prices fall?

Your budget is not sufficient for your requirements. 1440p 144Hz 27" monitor will cost you around 25k, leaving you with ~23k for the GPU. For 1440p gaming, you will want a 2080 or 3070, both of which won't come below 40k even of buying used.
Sir why are laptops with 20xx series expensive than laptops with 30xx series of gpu's?

You could wait but it all depends on pricing and availability of next gen. Question is how long can you keep waiting? Initially only high-end cards will be announced and a couple months later they'll launch and then it'll take couple months for them to be available in India. You're looking at a minimum of 5-6 months waiting from now IF speculation is right and they get announced in July.

If you're going to 3060/3070 level card then here's a PSU deal for you: https://techenclave.com/threads/cooler-master-750w-80-bronze-mwe-v2.206261/

You could wait but it all depends on pricing and availability of next gen. Question is how long can you keep waiting? Initially only high-end cards will be announced and a couple months later they'll launch and then it'll take couple months for them to be available in India. You're looking at a minimum of 5-6 months waiting from now IF speculation is right and they get announced in July.

If you're going to 3060/3070 level card then here's a PSU deal for you: https://techenclave.com/threads/cooler-master-750w-80-bronze-mwe-v2.206261/
Okay that does seem like a longer time frame than I was expecting, so maybe I'll just pick up a current gen card right now.

Back